584,842 active members*
4,342 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Hypertherm Plasma > how cut and mark in hpr130xd using one plasma torch?

Post how cut and mark in hpr130xd using one plasma torch?

hello guys, i need help. its my first time to use a hypertherm hpr130xd. and i need help how can i use it for marking and cutting in a one dxf program. as of now im using it for cutting, but as i read the manual it has a capability to do marking as well. hope you can guide me how to do it.

Re: how cut and mark in hpr130xd using one plasma torch?

Marking is easy, provided: You have Nitrogen or Argon connected to the gas selection console.
    Marking currents are in the 12 - 25 amp range. This varies with the type of gas you're using, the depth of the mark desired and the consumables loaded in the torch.
    Typically on the control, you'd select N2 or Ar marking, select the desired current range and hit start. If you're trying to do this in a nest, the CAM software needs to generate the appropriate cutting parameters and send them to the HPR . If you're doing this manually, you need to send the process parameters to the HPR before starting the program and then at the appropriate point in the program, load the cut parameters.
    Clarity of the mark depends on the consumable set in use and the gas selected.
    For example.
    I've marked in Argon at 25 amps using 260 amp consumables and compared it to marks done using Nitrogen with the same set of consumables at the same amperage and IMHO the mark was more distinct.
    contrast that with marking at 18 amps with 80 amp consumables and the Argon mark was more distinct.
    Depth of mark will depend on three factors
    Marking current, consumables loaded and travel speed.
    Width of the mark is largely dependent on the consumable set.
    What is your control?

Re: how cut and mark in hpr130xd using one plasma torch?

Hello Arnold120986,

what nesting program are you using?
    I create different layers in DXF for cutting (layer NORMAL) and marking (layer MARK),
    and in nest program set desired layers.
    Try looking for similar option in your DXF nesting software.

See image below:

Attachment 444568