585,752 active members*
4,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Vista Video Problem

Vista Video Problem

Hi All,

I'm running BCC 2007 on a new computer that has MS Vista on it. I have updated all my drivers to the most current.

When I run the verify the screen redraws are bad see attachment. I read in another post this is because Vista wants to run the video through the main processor not the video card.

Does anyone have a fix or work around for this ?

Thanks in advance.

George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verify Problem.bmp  

Quote Originally Posted by gblass1 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm running BCC 2007 on a new computer that has MS Vista on it. I have updated all my drivers to the most current.

When I run the verify the screen redraws are bad see attachment. I read in another post this is because Vista wants to run the video through the main processor not the video card.

Does anyone have a fix or work around for this ?

Thanks in advance.

George
    George,

Yes, as far as I was told Vista wants to run the Graphics through the Processor instead of the Graphics Card.

Call BCC Tech Support. They will walk you through the fixes.

Cheers!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Toby

Thanks for the reply. I have mentioned it to BCC tech support but they just said to update my drivers which I have already done.

Is there someone in tech support that is knowledgeable about this problem that I should ask for ?

Thanks again for the reply.

George

Quote Originally Posted by gblass1 View Post
    Toby

Thanks for the reply. I have mentioned it to BCC tech support but they just said to update my drivers which I have already done.

Is there someone in tech support that is knowledgeable about this problem that I should ask for ?

Thanks again for the reply.

George
    PM The One here on CNC Zone he will know what you need to do with Vista. He is the Man when it comes to BCC Tech Support.

Cheers!!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I just ran a little test. I loaded BC 2007 on my laptop running Windows XP and I have the same problem with the video.

So now it seems like it may be a software problem with BC 2007.

Thoughts ?

George

gblass1,

Vista actually uses the GPU more for the rendering than it uses the CPU now. The draw back or issue with Vista is the way it handles OpenGL. Instead of running OpenGL by itself to render images it uses OpenGL as a layer in Direct3D, this can create some issues.

For resolving this issue I would have to have a little more detail. When you say the screen redraw is bad, are rotating the part in the Verify window? How is the redraw bad, are you missing surfaces?

Regards

The One

Thanks for the reply. If you look at the file I attached to my original post that is what the display looks like when I run "Verify". It has ghost images of the tool all around the tool path. This makes it hard to follow the tool when you have 6-8 tools all overlapping.

I'm not rotating the part just letting it run the tool path.

George

EDIT: ignore me, missed the bit about same problem under XP.

OH, you should need to just reduce the Hardware acceleration in the Graphics display. I would try making minor adjustments and checking the results, then adjust again and test until the display is correct.

Regards

Unfortunately I have changed all the settings I can find and nothing seems to work.

Since I have this same problem on my 4 year old laptop what are the chances this is a BCC software problem. My other CAD/CAM software works fine as well as all my other graphic software.

George

It is a display issue not a software issue. The display buffer isn't being cleared properly before the next display is being input.

Did you adjust the hardware acceleration?

Also, so that we aren't wasting a bunch of time, what are your system specs (Processor, Graphics Processor, RAM and Version of Windows)?

You can also PM me with your contact info and I can have someone give you a call.

Regards

Here are the specs on my system

MS Vista Home Basic
    Processor - Intel Celeron 3.33
    Memory - 2 GB
    Video - Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
    Monitor - LG L1960TR Resolution 1280 X 1024

Shop Phone 860-355-9790
    Cel 203-241-4759

George Blass

gbass1,

When I first downloaded the demo to play with I had the same problem. Just like you I had an onboard video card, it was AGP but could only allocate I think 16Mb max to the graphic card(was sharing main system memory). When I purchased the complete version I also update my card to one with 256Mb DDR and the problem went away. I think if you were to install a video card and bypass the onboard one you would be good to go.

nlh

The One

Just Put a NVIDIA 7300 GS graphics card in and everything is working great. Thanks for the help.

George

Deleted

George,

I am very happy to hear that. It is funny, you would think that all graphics drivers would have the same basic support, but nay.

If you have any other questions let us know.

Regards