584,837 active members*
5,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Repair Panasonic Servomotor / Replace Encoder

Repair Panasonic Servomotor / Replace Encoder

need advice
    I have a Panasonic Servomotor MHMD022P1C with a faulty Encoder MFE2500P8NX (disk 788B 2500-8).
    I tried to replace it with the same one from e-bay. It functions to my Oscilloscope fine but when I connected to the Panasonic Drive MADDT1207 an ERROR 95 Appears(A4 Minas MANUAl). ERROR means that "the motor and the driver has not been matched " and the remedy is "replace motor which matched to the driver". I have been already Aligned Zero pulse on Uphase to my laboratory and I was optimistic as the seller also assure me that what I order is compatible with the motor/drive. But not ..now I have to debug encoder on the motor I suggest.
    could anyone make any comment on that?
    am I in the right way?
    which is the way to program encoder to be compatible?
    it could be done by PanaTerm (Panasonic software)via cable/drive? it needs appropriate protocol/adaptors and a personalPC)?
    does any know the procedure to do that?

*also only the Opto-eye of the older encoder has been damage so data inside remains maybe there is a way to transfer data from one to another..

please advice

Re: Repair Panasonic Servomotor / Replace Encoder

SEARCH/SECOND RESPOND i have seen via PanatermVer3.7 that eBay MFE2500P8NX was working with MHMD082P1C 750w.
    So now should be programmed to work with MSMD022P1C.

there must be a way to program the Same Encoder to play to a smaller motor.

could not be done via Panaterm.
    So, it needs independent communication with Panasonic Encoder MFE2500P/R does anyone know more?

thank you

Hello.

While I´m not familiar with those particular servomotor and drive it may be possible that you get into some form of internal table to set the motor and encoder characteristics.

You need first to know how to access that internal table. Usually two options are available. One using some cable to connect the drive either to a PC or to some sort of programming terminal. The other is through buttons in the drive itself. They can be conceiled behind some sticker. You have to check your manual to confirm.

One you have gained access you will need to know what parameter is the one or ones to be changed. In some drives the parameter corresponds to different arrays of drives and encoders so that when a number is given a particular motor and encoder are selected.

Take a look at pages 7 & 8 of the uploaded manual. REMEMBER THAT IT IS NOT THE MANUAL OF YOUR MOTOR.

There you will see a table with a number of different drives. You just select a corresponding number to be written at parameter Pn001 in this case and that´s it.

It´s likely that your drive has something similar.

Regards.

Rethinking your problem.

Have you checked that your drive is not the problem? It may be possible to interchange with another one in your machine.

Good luck.

If this encoder has the hall effect equivalent commutation track on it, the encoder has to be aligned to the correct shaft angle, if so you require a double beam 'scope.
    I have the procedure if this is the case and you need it.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I achieved entry to drive MaDTT1207 via Panaterm Ver3.7 Panasonic Software and also have explored parameters via keypad's drive. I haven't seen the Key Parameter from where I could choose the correct combination motor/drive. I was hoping also that a change like that you describe could solve Error95.
    Just mention that I have to my hands two Encoders MFE2500P8NX.
    One is playing without error95 and the other gives error95.
    On Panaterm Ver3.7 the user has the ability to get as information which drive and motor isc actually connected. So when i connected the Encoder without Error95 i could seen that i have motor MSMD022P1C 200w as information. When i was connected with the e-bay Encoder which gives Error95 i get information motor like MHMD082P1C 750w. When i leave unplug the Encoder cable from the drive i get No Information about the motor.

So, what I understand is that inside the Memory of Encoder has been writing the name the MOTOR MODEL TYPE and some kind of setup i suggest . So i found an EEPROM 8pins S93C66BD on Encoder Card and i am thinking these days to upload via TopMax and Compare.
    regards

No has not Hall Sensor. I have read your Post about Hall Sensor Encoder years ago and I have done the Setup as you describe with excellent success. So now, it's an Incremental Encoder 5 wires (VCC, GND, RX, TX, Shield) has RS485 communication ability as I can see on Encoder card has an IC ADM485. Let's find the application with RS485 which could handle/read/write/edit Encoder.
    regards
    Last edited by ydemes; 07-23-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Drive is in perfect condition. Works well.

On MFE2500PENX Panasonic Encoder card other than RS485 signals I can get also 4 another signal like U,V,W,Z.
    I want to share that when I align U signal with Uphase with my Oscilloscope it was like Align Z(zero) pulse on Uphase. I notice that because the length of the Z pulse is too small to seen even with oscilloscope, so by doing the alternative way it's easier because USignal is enough visible. The same would happen if I Align V to Vphase etc

regards
    Last edited by ydemes; 07-23-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Also, i tried and this I Connected the Encoder without error95 to the 1207driver and Upload all parameters to myPC ..then plug the E-bay Encoder and download to the 1207driver again the parameres was I uploaded before.
    Somehow I would like to check if the "correct parameters" with new downloading will rewrite the previous motor type inside the e-bay Encoder which is connected now. Nothing change error95 still remains. Let your fantasy expire is that kind of problem...sorry to be talkative
    Last edited by ydemes; 07-23-2020 at 10:39 PM.

I think u need to change , or programm eeprom with a 200w encoder motor soft .

exactly this i am going to do
    i will upload Eeprom from the one and download it to the other Eeprom.
    like this, i am hoping to achieve compatibility

well, today i have read both EEproms and i found both empty, nothing was written inside.
    Although i made the appropriate transfer to e-bayEEprom and i will come back to inform about the result.
    i am not hopping much ..
    On the Encoder small card, I can see also IC MNM1217A/64pins Panasonic (can't find datasheet) seems like controller.
    Maybe in there could store the data i am looking for but i don't have the ability to extract any from there..

regards

as I was expecting nothing change, EEPROMs have no data inside so Error 95 remains.
    So now the only thing I can do is to find on Internet such a Panasonic Serial Interface or any Universal Serial Encoder Interface which can manage this Encoder in order get access in its memory area.

any thoughts?

I tried to do the same thing with an eBay encoder and got the same error you got. The data must be on th eeproon encoder card but the data is copy protected which is why you can not read them. If u ever figure this out I would love to hear of your success, as I have several Panasonic motors with broken encoders