584,817 active members*
4,601 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Oi-TA LCD problem

I have a Fanuc Oi-TA cnc it's Lcd display is not working properly. Sometimes it's get distortion wave & I could not see the display. even sometimes it's display shifts horizontally. I tried to adust it by switch ( Located on the back of display ) could not succeed. what I have found is that whenever I try to remove the cable (Cable # 2042-T201, L=050 ) between LCD display to it's pcb ( A16B-2300-0201/04B) then I reinsert the cable It solve my problem them it will work fine for 1 to 2 days only. Please tell me what is the problem so that I could solve my problem.
    Is it possible to switch over LCD to CRT screen?
    I also have same system Oi-Ta with crt display.

Hi, did you solve this problem? I have something similar where the display is copied 4 times over itself, so it looks like columns down the display, with a whole bunch of flickering. I can't cure it, and have already swapped out the graphics module in the psu/io unit. Do I order a new LCD panel or a new fanuc pcb that mounts to the back of it? Cheers, Jason

could it be a grounding problem? Check this.

It was a LCD problem, after replacing old LCD with new LCD the problem got eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_Jase View Post
    Hi, did you solve this problem? I have something similar where the display is copied 4 times over itself, so it looks like columns down the display, with a whole bunch of flickering. I can't cure it, and have already swapped out the graphics module in the psu/io unit. Do I order a new LCD panel or a new fanuc pcb that mounts to the back of it? Cheers, Jason

Cheers. My control is the machining centre version of yours. Oi-m. The LCD and monitor control PCB will be very similar. I found a new LCD that is a direct replacement but with better specs (viewing angle, glare, contrast ratio) direct from Sharp. Should be here in a few days. Fingers crossed...

I'll check grounding harness, and double-check all the other interconnect wiring again, but I'm pretty sure it will turn out to be a hardware failure, as the machine has been rock solid for years, is well maintained, and is in a nice environment. I haven't used it for a couple of months, and about a minute after powering up the screen image went all garbled and hasn't come right.

There is a Graphics Module in the PSU/IO control that clips in like RAM into a PC mainboard, so that was cheap and easy to change. If it's not cured with the LCD panel things might get a bit more costly as I'll be ringing Fanuc. Unless anyone out there has a spare A16B-2300-0201/04B pcb??

Hai,
    I also face the same problem, the display got scroll. in my case it will stable only 10 to 15 mins only. could you suggest to solve the issue.

We have CNC Lathe with Fanuc OiTD controller. We have seen a little line at right side of the LCD. Would any body suggest the reason and countermeasure?