585,676 active members*
5,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Is there a book for Solidcam?

Has anybody found a good reference book for Solidcam? I have Solidworks and Solidcam 2015. I am a one man machine shop / designer. I can't afford to pay $1200 or more per year for Solidcam maintenance, and the only information I find are the videos on the Solidcam website. When I have a question, hour long tutorial videos are not much help. This site is not real active, and most questions are about post processors.
    I am kind of in no-mans land without a support lifeline, and no reference resources.
    I am disappointed with Solidcam because there is just no information available, other than watching hours and hours of tutorials.

Am I missing something here? Is there a book, or better source of information?

Re: Is there a book for Solidcam?

Quote Originally Posted by Racecar View Post
    I am disappointed with Solidcam because there is just no information available, other than watching hours and hours of tutorials.
    I am dissapointed by you. So hours and hours of tutorials for FREE is not enough? Maybe someone should drive by and hold your hand, too? Also for free? There are so many people in this world which are so lazy. I have no mercy for you. Sorry.

Has anybody found a good reference book for Solidcam? I have Solidworks and Solidcam 2015. I am a one man machine shop / designer. I can't afford to pay $1200 or more per year for Solidcam maintenance, and the only information I find are the videos on the Solidcam website. When I have a question, hour long tutorial videos are not much help. This site is not real active, and most questions are about post processors.
    I am kind of in no-mans land without a support lifeline, and no reference resources.
    Greetings of the day, Racecar,
    Well, you can visit the solidcam customer portal and you can download the tutorials in pdf under documentation.
    To be honest, I have learned the hardway thru tutorials and watching videos to program the Dies at our end and have had no formal training. You would be happy to learn and innovate by this trend.
    Regards.

We have many many videos !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by offsets View Post