We're about to take delivery on another 2100SY II and another TT1800SY, this TT is getting downgraded to the Oi control from 31i and is going to have thermal compensation which the other machines don't have. I hope the transition is good and the machine doesn't lose performance with the I series control because it's my favorite Doosan lineup machine.

We've had a great experience with the Doosan turning machines. They have been reliable, performing machines. The TT1800SY is my favorite machine. I kind of hate programming in mastercam, but I do enjoy applying strategy to machining and just stomping the living **** out of run times with the TT1800SY. I think the only weakness in the TT1800SY is the transfer time which is ~32 seconds. If we're running a part with a sub 2 minute run time which is a minority situation but happens, the 32 seconds hurt productivity.

We're having a problem right now with our DNM5700S mills - they can't seem to accelerate and decelerate in a high performance fashion. They are getting outperformed on the floor by a 10 year older Mazak smart control (their similar economy control). I think the Doosan mills have the ability to perform, but I don't think the parameters are allowing that to happen. We're running programs on the 15K spindle DNM5700S machines that we're posting to Mazak's dinosaur with the 12K spindle, and the Mazak is beating the DNM run times with less RPM capability in aluminum on the same chip loads per tooth (so 25% slower posted feeds). Ellison is supposed to be helping us out with that Wednesday of next week and we're looking forward to that, because we want to run faster on that side of the shop. We have to run faster to be competitive over there. Those programs involve 6" OAL parts, so when we're dynamic milling, we are often making cuts in 2" spans and the posted program running 400IPM cut feeds seems to be averaging about 100-150IPM. We see acceleration and numbers running up to around 390IPM where its just a flash and we're decelerating in milliseconds (the 390 was just a flash during a cut). This sluggish accel and deccel is affecting back feeds also so it's like the real rapids in the program are also slow. On the old Mazak, we see the numbers reach 320IPM fast and hold through the similar cuts. The mazak is if anything heavier, so it's not built lighter to move faster. The mazak has a tank of a spindle and we aren't running that optimized- we could probably cut 20% more with the mazak and put it 45% faster than the DNM5700S, but our strategy has been to just change machine defs and post to mazak with the same per tooth feeds because the DNM is harder to get chatter free cuts with and the Mazak runs anything the Doosan can cut.

We are running some operations on the DNM's that are running 5 times mastercam backplot speed. On the TT1800SY side we see about 1.5 times backplot speed.

I don't think this is a USA problem, or a Doosan or Fanuc hardware issue. I feel like and am of the personal opinion that the mills are being shipped with background settings that don't perform. I would rather wear the machine out prematurely running it faster than get poor run times, but I don't think we're even near that threshold. The mazak we bought used for substantially less than a DNM, and it has had a very hard life, you can tell by looking at it, but it's running smooth and fast and holding tolerance.

We've worked with several different arc filter settings and reached a point where we probably have pretty optimized settings- throwing Fanuc as few points as possible, and it's making the acceleration and deceleration times more obviously the problem.