585,722 active members*
4,103 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Hypertherm ProNest LT-Is it possible to emulate settings my vendor uses to match $

Hypertherm ProNest LT-Is it possible to emulate settings my vendor uses to match $

I design products and have them cut from another local business that has a laser. I need a way to streamline pricing without having to involve them for every little thing. Both for their sanity and my own. They use the full version of ProNest but that costs $15k so I don't think it's a prudent investment on my end.

I've got the LT version and I can see part breakdowns of cut cost and material cost. I know the LT version isn't capable of actually operating a laser but can I setup my own "plasma" settings to match their plunge and cut speeds so I can get accurate pricing?

Re: Hypertherm ProNest LT-Is it possible to emulate settings my vendor uses to match

Usually laser cutting vendors charge according to factors: cut distance, material thickness & number of pierces. a Vendor I know, does something like: [ Cutting Rate (per meter) x cut length (meters) x material thickness ] + Number of Pierces. If you can get their formula & find these factors according to your design, you can calculate approx. quote accordingly.