584,817 active members*
4,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Multicam Machines > MULTICAM PUMP VALVE QUESTION FOR SETTING UP ZONES

Post MULTICAM PUMP VALVE QUESTION FOR SETTING UP ZONES

Good morning all, we have a MG series MULTICAM CNC and with it we are installing the MULTICAM TV425 Vacuum pump. This pump is rated for 15 Hg. and 700CFM. We currently have one main trunk that splits into our 14 "zones" without the control of turning any of them off individually. We are going to re-plumb which brings us to our question. Can I use regular pvc ball valves or is this pump too powerful for that? We plan to have our trunk split into 5 lines with valves that will then return to the zones under our CNC. Not sure if it helps but out CNC is Multicam: MG205NB42893.
    Has anyone here plumbed their cnc for zones? Any tips? Any recommendations?

Re: MULTICAM PUMP VALVE QUESTION FOR SETTING UP ZONES

PVC valves will work fine, I have used them to 28 in/hg. But they are a bit stiff to turn. I like 1'' brass ball valves, a bit more user friendly and not much difference in cost.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Re: MULTICAM PUMP VALVE QUESTION FOR SETTING UP ZONES

Yes, regular ball water valves work fine for vacuum. I use the same type Jim suggested, 1" brass valves.