585,737 active members*
4,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Looking for turn key bench top engraver

Looking for turn key bench top engraver

I am looking for a turn key bench top engraver or mill (X14" x Y8" x Z3" travel?)for engraving text in small 1" dia. ceramic(green) discs. I am experienced with G code and already have software to generate code. I would prefer it to have its own controller. The unit will be operated by two old guys (one is my dad) that have problem with there VCR! The machine will bet set up with vacuum plate for as many parts the travel will allow. They can be shown how to load the files or select one already loaded in the machine set there Z and maybe away they go! I was hoping to get away from a having a PC but if it can be kept simple it is an option. Any suggestion or followup questions would be appricated!
    Dave

Turnkey engraving machine

Quote Originally Posted by xyzer View Post
    I am looking for a turn key bench top engraver or mill (X14" x Y8" x Z3" travel?)for engraving text in small 1" dia. ceramic(green) discs. I am experienced with G code and already have software to generate code. I would prefer it to have its own controller. The unit will be operated by two old guys (one is my dad) that have problem with there VCR! The machine will bet set up with vacuum plate for as many parts the travel will allow. They can be shown how to load the files or select one already loaded in the machine set there Z and maybe away they go! I was hoping to get away from a having a PC but if it can be kept simple it is an option. Any suggestion or followup questions would be appricated!
    Dave
    Please, visit the following web address:

http://www.solustan.com/products/MicroSmartEngraving

You should see three different turnkey engraving machines. They are available with USB 2.0 connection. Designer can generate a job in AutoCAD 2005 or Corel Draw version 9 or higher, DolphinCAD, or AcceliCAD and generate M&G codes. The file can be made available to your dad for downloading it to the machine. All he would need to do would be to set up the surface of the material and depth of cut. The smallest one is $6,999.