585,582 active members*
4,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Milling > Gibbscam Work Coordinate System

Unhappy Gibbscam Work Coordinate System

Hi all

I am brand new to Gibbscam. Our boss wants us all to be on the same software, so here i am, having to move from Mastercam, to Gibbscam. Not very happy about it, but here goes.

Everywhere i look on google/youtube etc, i can't seem to find information on creating CS's on a part, WITHOUT MOVING THE PART. I work on a Poseidon 5780, 5-axis machine, with a machining envelope of X18m x Y6.4m x Z3m. I work in the marine industry, so 90% of what we do is either superyacht or America's cup related.

Here is my problem. I was taught here that we do not move the part in the CAM software. You leave the part in-situ when machining it. This is because the parts are huge, and parts are always being updated by the designers, who of course send us our CAD. When the update comes in, it just drops straight into place, without having to muck around and move the part, which makes perfect sense.

Problem is, i can't see how to achieve this in Gibbscam. Mastercam it's easy, you just create wireframe, or pick a solid face, and the new CS is created right there, and of course you program straight from this.

Oh, and can someone please explain the deal with the whole V and H thing, XY????

PLEASE HELP, I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT.

Re: Gibbscam Work Coordinate System

There is a Create CS from Face.
    I'm not in front of my cam pc right now, I'll look and get back to you.
    I Never move the model.
    Open CS Tile, create a new CS, then use the CS Pallet to set the new CS for orientation.
    Did you watch the Gibbscam video Advanced CS tutorial?
    https://youtu.be/1M1w448bNxg

Here's another good one.
    https://youtu.be/tCAnR1pPeX4

One thing about the Preferences video, its older version. CS Preferences have been moved to the File tab, System menu.

es facil deves estraer aristas de la cara a mecanizar
    y creas un nuebo sc seleccionando tres puntos
    espero te sirva

- - - Updated - - -

es facil deves estraer aristas de la cara a mecanizar&nbsp;<br>y creas un nuebo sc seleccionando tres puntos<br>espero te sirva