585,764 active members*
3,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > Disable 0.1" step on Tormach jog controller

Disable 0.1" step on Tormach jog controller

We've got a PNC 1100 series 3 running v1.x of PathPilot. I find the ability to jog in amounts of 0.1" using the external shuttle controller an accident waiting to happen. It doesn't appear possible to disable this within our version of PathPilot. I'm wondering if this can be done, or if its an option with v2.x of PathPilot?
    Last edited by futnuh; 08-06-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Re: Disable 0.1" step on Tormach jog controller

I should have searched harder before posting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFTpdigbOA

Quote Originally Posted by futnuh View Post
    I should have searched harder before posting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFTpdigbOA
    This does render the step button inoperable, that is a good thing! The problem I have is that it leaves the last input active. say you jog in X direction, then hit the step button and jog the machine it will jog in X even though step has been selected. This may not make any difference??

thanks for the info, I was going to disable it in the jog wheel so when the button is pressed nothing happens mechanically, but its been 8 years and I havent done it yet!
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    , I was going to disable it in the jog wheel so when the button is pressed nothing happens mechanically, but its been 8 years and I havent done it yet!
    What am I missing?
    After 6+ years I have never even noticed the problem. I don't change step rate much if ever , so no need to enable or disable it.
    Or is that the point just disable it to avoid user error and mistakes!
    I noticed this was mentioned as a setting that could be disabled on Haas machines also.

I would agree its not a huge problem but I admit to crashing a Haimer tip a few years ago on .100

I have mine velcroed to the keyboard table and I do hit the step occasionally. I leave mine set on .0001 and when it changes inadvertently it does get my attention, luckily I havent broken anything yet. I did make the software change to disable it though, Murphys law happens here fairly regular these days ha!
    mike sr