Hello,

I am struggling through tutorials and experiments but have a few real basic questions.
Maybe someone here has the answers?

1) When I use the Wireframe Tab and create a rectangle with that: Why then can I not extrude this rectangle? It is always "Thickening operation failed"

2) If I create a solid block with the block option and then try and do a profile along it's side, I cannot get it to do any 2D contour depth cuts or anything as the edges are not selectable. But If I select the whole side surface, the routing path does not work as expected and want to start at the bottom and work upwards, in effect crashing the tool.

3) If I import a .step file from Solidworks, with a part in it, none of the part seems to be recognised as "toolpathable". Whilst I can select the edges and stuff, it just does seem to want to do anything useful with them. How do I convert a step file into something usable in Mastercam?

So far, the only thing that I can get to work is if I draw the rectangle from separate splines. It can then be extruded, cut etc.

Regards
Bernt