584,842 active members*
4,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

C86ACCP - Excellent Support and Service

Last Monday, I received a C86ACCP board for my Centroicnc Acorn Board and some Teknic ClearPath servos. Unfortunately, the board came without instructions. I visited their website and downloaded several documents, a report file that the Acorn can use, and watched three short videos. The documentation seemed to be for another version of the board. The report file was for an older version of Centroid's CNC12 software. The videos helped but were incomplete. I fiddled for about an hour and got the board working. Then I opened a support ticket with CNC4PC. I listed the issues that I had with their documentation and listed the 14 steps that I used to wire and test their board. The next day I received a response from Arturo. He apologized for the out-of-date documentation. He answered all my questions and told me that they would have up-to-date documentation on the website as soon as possible. The next day, I checked their website. The new documentation was already posted, including a report file for the Acorn that works with current software.

That was outstanding support! The board works very well with the Acorn and ClearPath servos. It allows me to use Teknic supplied data cables without modification. Hookup is simple. I changed the jumpers from HARD to SOFT. I changed the jumper for Acorn Enable from OFF to ON. I connected 24vdc to power the board. I connected relay COMMON to GND and relay N/O to the DriveOk input on the Acorn. That's it.

Before using the board, I had to cut off one end of each Teknic data cable, install ferrules to each of the 8 conductor wires in each cable, install 8 DIN rail terminal blocks per servo, and 8 connector wires with ferrules on the ends of each connector wire.

I ordered a 2nd C86ACCP board. It arrived yesterday. This time, because of Arturo's help, I had the board installed in a matter of minutes.

If you use ClearPath servos with an Acorn board, buy a C86ACCP board. It's an excellent product.

Re: C86ACCP - Excellent Support and Service

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    The next day I received a response from Arturo. He apologized for the out-of-date documentation. He answered all my questions and told me that they would have up-to-date documentation on the website as soon as possible. The next day, I checked their website. The new documentation was already posted, including a report file for the Acorn that works with current software.
    I am currently having trouble with getting the software to communicate properly with the CNC12 update. The report.zip that was downloaded from cnc4pc site was flashed over for the mill but then corrupted the top area of the acorn wizard a.k.a the primary system; which controls axis drive type, input def and output def. Result was not being able to use that part of the wizard; no drag drop for the relay board; no spindle control for me. After re-installing the cnc12 mill for acorn without the report.zip for C86ACCP; got full function of the acorn wizard and relay board. I believe that source file needs updated again from cnc4pc. Currently my servos/ C86ACCP board not working. I've been reaching out and joining every forum that references these products for help. Any other insights or source file you could send would be much appreciated.

Re: C86ACCP - Excellent Support and Service

I'm running two systems with the C86ACCP boards and Teknic ClearPath servos. One system has three servos (X, Y, and Z). The other system has two servos (X and Y). All axes are jumpered with Active OFF. All axes have Soft Enable jumpered. The board's power terminal is connected to +24VDC and Ground. The board's No Fault terminals are connected with a jumper wire (factory setting). The Active/Fault relay terminals have the Common connected to GND and the N/O contact connected to the Acorn's DriveOK input.

In Wizard, Advanced Axis Configuration, NO boxes are checked. Step Rate is 400,000 steps per second. Axis Motor Drive Fault is set to 2,000 milliseconds. In Axis Configuration, Steps / Revolution are set to 6,400 per Centroidcnc's recommendation even though I'm using RLN servos. (I used Teknic's setup software to change the setting from 800 to 6,400.) Input Definitions has IN1 configured as DriveOK.

I'm using VCNC12 V4.5. The Teknic IPC5 power supply turns on when the power supply to the Acorn turns on. When I power up, I have to click the on-screen EStop, then I press Cycle Start. The C86ACCP board turns on its on-board relay which signals the Acorn that the DriveOK signal is good.

I did not use the report from CNC4PC.

Hope this helps.

-Mike