585,604 active members*
3,438 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ebay scammer miss_my_car

When it rains it pours and getting needed supplies is killing me .

I ordered a couple ballscrews from " miss_my_car " on ebay for $112 . What they sent was a tiny envelope with what appears to be a cover for a thread tap case .
    I've been down this road before with this scam and ebay nor paypal helped me out . I had to ship back the garbage item in order to get a refund . In North America it is impossible to send anything to China at a reasonable cost , let alone have the person on the other side admit to receiving the item .

Ebay claims to have strong buyer protection but they allow these scams to continue and they flat our cater to these Chinese outfits . Plus ebay has to protect their profits to
    Overall I'd highly advise against purchasing from the seller miss_my_car

So far today I have had this to deal with , then , a guy who seems to have many "reasons" to not send the spindle motor I bought 3 weeks ago , and another website purchase from a non cnc related company who keeps saying they will be in this week from their supplier . And thats just today . Buying online is going to hell fast and customer service means nothing .

Re: ebay scammer miss_my_car

I'm sorry you've had worse luck than I've had.

Out of curiosity, I searched for the seller "miss_my_car" that you mentioned. Couldn't find anything. Do you have a link?

Scammers on EBay will often delete (or EBay will delete) their profile as soon as the scam has been paid.

That's happened to me a couple of times, I bought something at a price too good to be true. It was. The seller's profile was deleted after....nothing was ever shipped....I contacted EBay each time, there was no problem, they gave me the refund....I think I had to wait a while for it, but it always came.

If you ordered a couple of ballscrews and all you got was a tap case....it seems like a no brainer to me....you will get a refund, it's just going to cost you some of your time to argue your case, and navigate the EBay menus which can be hard to use. In your case I'd report it as a fraud and get someone from EBay on the phone.

I just bought some new surplus "Martin" brand ball bearing idler sprockets for #40 Chain on EBay. Real nice. $10 each. Arrived in 3 days.

So what are you building?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RM1605-Ball...72.m2749.l2649

I've faced the same thing before with similar sellers , end result was zero help from ebay or paypal and both times I got screwed . Needless to say the sellers carried on to probably burn more people

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    Ebay claims to have strong buyer protection but they allow these scams to continue and they flat our cater to these Chinese outfits . Plus ebay has to protect their profits to.
    There are definitely some things you should never buy on EBay, like USB memory sticks.

Aliexpress and Alibaba have buyer protection when you purchase through the site. I wonder how good it is compared to eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RM1605-Ball...72.m2749.l2649

I've faced the same thing before with similar sellers , end result was zero help from ebay or paypal and both times I got screwed . Needless to say the sellers carried on to probably burn more people
    Something is wrong there. He may have sent you the wrong package by accident. Have you tried contacting him?

If you didn't like the quality of the ballscrews, you might be SOL, if you received the wrong lead of ballscrew, you might be SOL. But you never got any. IMO, it's a no brainer, you'll get a refund.

If you look at his 11 negative vs 1720 positive reviews in the past 12 months, one of the 11 negative says the following:

"Seller sent me a empty package. Had to have EBAY step in to get my money back." IMO, if you can communicate effectively what has happened to eBay you will get a refund. The seller might give you one anyway without having to talk to eBay, to avoid a bad review, and it might have been a mistake.

BST automation on Alibaba has pretty good customer service and fast shipping.

theres no mistake about it . the seller deliberately sent me a piece of plastic he pulled out of the garbage , he won't give a refund .The little 4" packet even says 2 ballscrews . I'll follow due process but I'[ll likely be ripped off like i was in the past .

" IMO, it's a no brainer, you'll get a refund " . Unless you've had to deal with this and know a specific human figure that a guy can talk to then it is not a no brain refund . It is all automated with very few options , I put a lot of effort in to get refunded for the same bs and I got nothing
    Earlier I spent 1/2 hour on an automated phone service which after the maze hung up on me

Contact the seller first, be polite about it because eBay staff will read the message, give him a couple days to respond. Attach a picture of what you received.

Then when he doesn't respond, you report it as a fraud, and it's easier to get access to the phone menu to talk to someone. You put your number in and ask for a call back.

I have dealt with similar things on eBay, and I always got my money back.

I have bought and sold thousands of items on ebay I know how it works . You seem to be missing what I've been saying , I've been down this road before

This is how it will play out .
    I will contact the seller ,
    the seller will say return item for refund , or just take partial refund because we both know how much it costs to ship to china , plus it may get lost in the mail etc .
    I escalate it through ebay
    ebay insists that item must be returned before going any further with claim . Cannot report as fraud since an item was received .

the last time this happened the seller was basically laughing and taunting me

An honest seller will give the money back . This guy sent a piece of garbage in a 4" evelope marked ballscrews , the ballscrews I purchased were 28"

I posted this to warn people !!!

I bought a watch from a guy in a parking lot for $10 one time. Thought is was a great deal, until the main spring broke a week later...lesson learned.

But, in your case it's Mail Fraud and Ebay should be held liable if they don't help you.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud
    DJ

they both should be liable but there's not much hope holding liable a corporation like ebay or some prick in china .
    since they have tracking showing that something was delivered somewhere , then it can't be claimed as not received . Since it's not the right item received then it will have to be returned . Ebay offers a few mouse clicks for retaliation options and are all vague . If a person can talk to a human being and plea their case then thing could get resolved , but without that some chinaman likely earned 112 bucks on a piece of plastic

Attachment 447080

ironically , when requesting a refund through ebay this also happened the last time . can't remember if that one was legit or not but I dealt with the down server for a long time before it was up again

Hey, I am just another user of ali and e.bay and discovered, not to open dispute before writing the seller. On ebay, then I automatically get a refund, maybe because the seller was hornest and asked ebay to refund me.., On aliexpress you get a refund if you not recieve goods within a certain time, and then open dispute.
    The rare scammers (tried some) is normally found by the sites, and then your payment is frozen for a while, till they release.
    If it is a scam and you are the first victim, it is very important you report it, with pictures eg of the envolope, so they can see it is a scam, and then I am sure you will get a refund.
    Earlier I allways wrote to the seller, and never was cheated, but after covid mainly the mail system is very bad, not the seller... Now it looks like it is back to normal again, and I get samples in 2 weeks to europe, from the better shops, still up to 3 month from some, so your postage may wary :-)
    Pardon for my reverse language, but maybee this is a key to succes :-)
    Heard at the local China House (I love number 43, the chop suey) :

You are hungry, and order food, but want credit. (pay later)
    I do not want to give you credit.
    You still want credit, and you get angry.
    I give you credit, but you never pay me, and then I get angry.
    Better you get angry..

Happy New year to you all.

Love Mike

PS.. you can still get cheap crap, and the lower the prize, the higher possibility, so use it wisely :-)
    My latest SKF tapered roller bearing was made in India, and I expect the ones on order from China, to be better, time will tell..

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeedd View Post
    You are hungry, and order food, but want credit. (pay later)
    I do not want to give you credit.
    You still want credit, and you get angry.
    I give you credit, but you never pay me, and then I get angry.
    Better you get angry..

no offense but I see things differently .

I order and pay for chicken balls and rice from your restaurant
    I wait long time , 2 hour delivery .
    You send me box with chicken bone .
    I go to restaurant
    I see you and now you no get paid when laying in hospital bed
    you lost more than you stole from me
    Better me angry ??
    No !!!!!

I will say the issue was resolved in the end

No offence taken :-)
    Good things got cleared up..