584,841 active members*
4,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Arrow 1000 ATC Actuator Reversed

Cincinnati Arrow 1000 ATC Actuator Reversed

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I want to give a HUGE thanks to maver1ck, BBMNet, meckardt55, coop31, and the many others here that have posted some excellent information here and got me started on my Cincinnati journey.

I just got an Arrow 1000 with A2100 control and started running through functions tests but the tool changer carousel refuses to move to the spindle position. Upon mechanical jog to the spindle position, it moves about and inch to the right and then chunks to a stop. I opened up the ATC panel and it seems like my "scissor?" motor actuator arm is moving up when I am trying to move to the spindle position and bottoms out at the top of the slot. Based on the slot geometry, it appears that the arm should be moving CCW or down to move the carousel into the spindle position. Is my actuator motor moving in reverse? I popped the back of the motor cover off and it looks to be 3 phase. I come from DC world and I am not very confident with 3 phase systems. I am assuming there are two different contactors in the main control cabinet somewhere. I have paged through the electronics schematic but am still learning how to navigate it, I am more used to automotive wiring diagrams.

Can I just swap two of the 3-phase wires on the actuator motor? Or is it more likely that the output signals to the contactors got swapped at some point?

Re: Cincinnati Arrow 1000 ATC Actuator Reversed

...is the coolant pump running backwards too? maybe the Input wiring to the machine is wrong.

Oooo good point machinehop! I haven't wired up the coolant pump yet but I will definitely swap the leads around on the input power and see if that does the trick.

I am a bit nervous to run the coolant pump, this machine was used for wood only for a number of years and the entire coolant tank is covered in rust. I have concerns about flooding my bed and rails with liquefied rust and possibly blowing the seals on the TSC and washing the spindle with high pressure coolant. What do you guys think?

...or maybe try M3 to see if the spindle is rotating in the correct direction.

DJ

Oof! If this is my issue, I am going to feel quite dumb! Thanks machine.

Uhhh ... turns out you hit it on the head! Just had to swap two wires on my input supply and everything spins the correct direction now! On to the next adventure! Thanks machinehop!

...Great and your welcome glad to help. Love those easy repairs. Now that the machine is up and running might be a good time to Backup all the control settings. Write down or download MTB Parameters etc... If, I remember correctly the A2100 has a HDD that will fail at some point in its life and you should make a Backup Image if possible asap. Look in your manuals may help explain the process or someone here in the cnczone should know more about Backup.

Enjoy,
    DJ

...good solid Cincinnati's
    ..more ways to save your new investment/adventure...plz post some photos.

this is not me...but, just an example in 2020AD
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1GB-Sol...AAAOSwy4hUSqQU

DJ,
    Thanks for the tips! The previous owners had already converted to SSD before I bought it and gave me a box with 2 or 3 backups on spinny drives! They were very knowledgeable in the Cinci world, but they were exiting so this was their last one. Luckily, the machine came with literally TONS of spares. Servos, ballscrews, motor drives. I probably have enough to build a whole new machine from scratch (minus the castings).

Quite a dusty machine! The second pic is after about 12 hours with simple green getting some of the caked on sawdust off the insides of the machine.

Attachment 447168

Attachment 447170

I have a problem with a Saber 750 control A2100 to which the encoder of the spindle that controls the orientation was changed now when reference generates the following alarm 44-6 C axis grid align failure which I think is because the spindle is not oriented I wanted to know what is the way to re-calibrate the encoder and spindle orientation beforehand thanks.

IF you have black drives ( Kollmorgan) you will need software on a laptop to plug into the 9 pin RS 232 port on the spindle drive and adjust the setting for the orient position offset. You could also turn the resolver ( not an encoder ) to adjust the orient position of the spindle.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Hello, my name is Rocky Weber an I am a senior engineering student in high school in Ohio. For my capstone project, I am planning to convert a 3d printer in a desktop router. If you have time to take a quick, easy 10 question survey I would greatly appreciate it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...7MjoB9bMY/edit

Do any of you guys know if the Arrow tool carousel has a home switch in it? Im doing a centroid retrofit and I only have a tool counter but im assuming there is some way this tool carousel knows where the home tool is? Or is it something the operator sets each time they work on the machine? Any help is appreciated. I see the tool counter proximity switch and i have it working but not sure how it knows where tool 1 is located or where HOME is located. Any help much appreciated. ARROWS FOR LIFE!

The Arrow relies on the operator to jog the tool carousel to tool number one. It does not have a home switch it only has a tool pocket switch for once per tool. Let me know how the retrofit works out, I would be interested. What other Cinci machines have you retrofitted?

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Oddly, the Arrow relies on a "meat switch" evaluate the home position on startup. Why they couldn't add a simple prox switch is a mystery! You can add a prox switch pretty easily for your retrofit.