584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco BMC 30 all axis fault shuts control power off

Hurco BMC 30 all axis fault shuts control power off

Hi all,
    I have a hurco BMC 30 milling machine and when I go to move any of the 3 axis it gives a fault and shuts the control power off.
    When it does this and I try and re-start it the solenoids in the tool changer start clicking.
    I know when I can move it without faulting out because I can here the servos are energized but as soon as the solenoids click again and I try and move it, it will fault out again.
    It did this several months ago but then quit and ran perfectly fine but now the problem is back.
    I checked the outputs on the power supply and they seem to be all the correct voltage.
    Any info would be appreciated
    Thanks Rod

Re: Hurco BMC 30 all axis fault shuts control power off

Quote Originally Posted by rod8524 View Post
    I checked the outputs on the power supply and they seem to be all the correct voltage.
    Any info would be appreciated
    Thanks Rod
    ...there are Power Supply's all over the machine...if, the CNC control is shutting down I would suspect 5V supply to the CPU motherboard or servos side of things.
    happy hunting,
    DJ

DJ, Thanks for the info I will do some more hunting today.

Well it started working again? I didn't solve anything but at least its back on line. Ran it through the warm up cycle several times with no problems. Thanks again for the info.
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rod8524 View Post
    Well it started working again? I didn't solve anything but at least its back on line. Ran it through the warm up cycle several times with no problems. Thanks again for the info.
    Rod
    ...thats good news. I see you say warmup cycling..which is always a good idea. It's also a good idea to leave the machine always ON too, then just E-Stop to disable axis drives when not in use. Easier on electronics not heating up and cooling down all the time.