584,802 active members*
4,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Need some help

So I need some help. I had a 5-axis shopbot machine I've run for the last 5 years. I traded it with a friend for a machine that is best described in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gTxhgutLHc

It is a very beefy quintax 5-axis gantry machine he has repowered with a Wincnc controller and DMM servos. He got it up and running but hasn't chased out all the bugs and fully sorted it yet. I am trying to learn Wincnc and finish the job.

I've read the manual countless times and watched what videos I have been able to find. But most of the videos are commercial machines and their interfaces don't match mine. The buttons interface buttons haven't all been set up so I need to run it with gcode commands. I have gone beyond my friends wincnc experience and I need some help figuring out some things. I am hoping if I ask my questions here (most of which I am sure will be stupid) I will be able to get some answers.

First question is I am confused with how the Home positions are set. When I go to the drop down menu I can set them but I would like to be able to set them with the "L3" commands. When I command L3 nothing seems to happen. Is there a registry I need to setup?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Oliver

Re: Need some help

Call WinCNC. They charge a very reasonable rate for support. You'll need Teamviewer loaded on your machine though. What version of WinCNC are you running? Go to Help->About and look for version and serial number.
    From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Re: Need some help

....I see something about G28 must be set 1st before anything else

See page 25
    http://www.wincnc.net/webfiles/CNC%2...nual_3.0r8.pdf