584,805 active members*
5,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > J425 Interesting New Spindle Drive Problem

J425 Interesting New Spindle Drive Problem

I hope you all are well! I'm currently working through some issues I have with my J425 (Delta 50 control), the main one being that the old Yaskawa G3 spindle drive died. I have a Millenium 4200 (Anilam 1400 control) that came to me with a Yaskawa V1000 drive in it. The old G3 drive apparently burned up and toasted a bunch of stuff in the cabinet. Anyway, I bought a new V1000 for the J425 and encountered an unexpected problem. The old G3 has both a Multi-Function Open Collector Output (terminals 25, 26 and 27) and a Multi-Function Contact Output (terminals 9 and 10). The V1000 only has something labelled the "Digital Output" (terminals P1, P2 and PC), and does not have a contactor output.

I'm trying to translate the wiring from the old G3 to the new V1000. A straight across transfer of the wires that went to the G3's "Multi-Function Open Collector Output" to the V1000's "Digital Output" seems pretty straight forward, but I don't know what to do with the wires that went to the old G3's "Multi-Function Contact Output". I'll attach the relevant diagrams below. The diagram of the G3 shows that the "Multi-Function Contact Output" is pretty dead nuts simple--it closes the contacts on command. I don't know much at all about this kind of stuff and even I think I understand that. In my case, it "connects" wire 200 to wire 239. But the new V1000 doesn't have this type of output and I don't know what to do.

My first instinct was to use the other available "Digital Output" terminal (remember, the other one is being used) on the V1000, but my very amateur assessment of the V1000 diagram makes me think that won't work because it looks like both of the wires that would connect to the digtial outputs would need to share a common. I'm obviously pretty lost here.

Do any of you have any ideas about what I could do to work around the lack of a contact output on this drive?

Alternatively, does anybody have experience putting a Yaskawa V1000 on a J425 with the Delta 40 or 50 control? If so, I'd be very grateful for pointers.

Thanks,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by rallyx99 View Post
    I hope you all are well! I'm currently working through some issues I have with my J425 (Delta 50 control), the main one being that the old Yaskawa G3 spindle drive died. I have a Millenium 4200 (Anilam 1400 control) that came to me with a Yaskawa V1000 drive in it. The old G3 drive apparently burned up and toasted a bunch of stuff in the cabinet. Anyway, I bought a new V1000 for the J425 and encountered an unexpected problem. The old G3 has both a Multi-Function Open Collector Output (terminals 25, 26 and 27) and a Multi-Function Contact Output (terminals 9 and 10). The V1000 only has something labelled the "Digital Output" (terminals P1, P2 and PC), and does not have a contactor output.

I'm trying to translate the wiring from the old G3 to the new V1000. A straight across transfer of the wires that went to the G3's "Multi-Function Open Collector Output" to the V1000's "Digital Output" seems pretty straight forward, but I don't know what to do with the wires that went to the old G3's "Multi-Function Contact Output". I'll attach the relevant diagrams below. The diagram of the G3 shows that the "Multi-Function Contact Output" is pretty dead nuts simple--it closes the contacts on command. I don't know much at all about this kind of stuff and even I think I understand that. In my case, it "connects" wire 200 to wire 239. But the new V1000 doesn't have this type of output and I don't know what to do.

My first instinct was to use the other available "Digital Output" terminal (remember, the other one is being used) on the V1000, but my very amateur assessment of the V1000 diagram makes me think that won't work because it looks like both of the wires that would connect to the digtial outputs would need to share a common. I'm obviously pretty lost here.

Do any of you have any ideas about what I could do to work around the lack of a contact output on this drive?

Alternatively, does anybody have experience putting a Yaskawa V1000 on a J425 with the Delta 40 or 50 control? If so, I'd be very grateful for pointers.

Thanks,

Tim

V1000 has MA, MB and MC.
    You use MB and MC for the normally closed.
    Then when a fault occurs that contact will open,