Hi,

Not sure which forum to post this in, so if this is the wrong one, I will apologize in advance and hope you will move it to the correct forum.

I am completely new to this CNC / Mach3 / Breakout board / Stepper motor world, so please take it easy on me

My first project is going to be a CNC plasma cutter table, but my problem is way more basic.

I can't seem to get the stepper motors to rotate.

Here is my setup:

I am trying with just one stepper motor for testing purpose.

I am using a C10 breakout board, but I also have a C11G breakout board that gives me the same result.

The problem is a simple as; Nothing happens on the breakout board when I drive the motor in Mach3.

I have set up the ports and pins correctly in Mach3. I have set the PUL to pin 5 (red wire) and DIR to pin 4 (Yellow wire)

I have used a UC100 USB controller with the same result and I can see in Mach3 that pin 4 is activated when I drive the X axis a certain way. However, the voltage on pin 4 is 0, never 5V

From Mach3s POV everything is fine, the X axis is running fine, however nothing happens on the board.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Is it the 5V power supply to the board?

I use a USB charger, found an old UBS wire and cut it open and found the 5V wires.

I have tried with Win 10 Laptop (UC100), Win 7 laptop (UC100) and Win xp (Parallell port) stationary PC, all with the same result.

Hopefully you can help me

Br
Joachim