I am in London UK.
I am about to collect an aged CNC machine from the 1990s. A venture vpe-60 which is an Italian made machine. Very expensive from new.
I cannot find much info on line as the Venture company are no more. I found an auction listing in Canada with a description>
The VPE61 is a Hybrid Routing / Engraving System. With Venture's high standards of precision and reliability, the VPE61 is capable of engraving, drilling and routing with unbelievable accuracy. Reg. $29,800.00 (Canadian) Technical specifications Overall size: 38" x 30" x 22" Weight: 154 lbs Working Area: 25" x 16.5" x 3.5" Table Flatness: 0.001" Transfer and Feed Rate: 0.004" - 2.4" /sec Positioning accuracy: 0.001" Mechanical resolution: (Navigor Pro) 0.0001" Spindle power: 550 Watt High Frequency liquid cooled spindle.
Evidently it doesn't have a PC, but a dedicated controller with, I presume, original operating software.
It comes with a 600mm Varga saw with a number of new spare blades and a huge amount of engraving material
I would like to convert it to run Mach 3 through a PC which is what I am familiar with.
I have had and used a Chinese 6040 machine for probably 10 years, so I understand and remember the pain I had getting it working.
But, I have forgotten most of what I had to learn. The issue is that the 6040 is very crude and is OK for milling and cutting, but I have never successfully engraved with it.
Two requests really, anybody in the London/Surrey (UK) area willing to help me (for payment) convert it to Mach 3/PC format.
And, anybody have a manual I can buy or pay for a copy for the Venture series e.g. VPE-30, VPE-60, VPE-61 etc which are all pretty similar.
Similar machine below.>