585,665 active members*
3,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Touch probe + tool Z-zero touch plate.

Touch probe + tool Z-zero touch plate.

I purchased a Vers.by wireless touch probe.

https://vers.by/en/blog/user-s-guides/vers-wlr

It uses a little controller board that outputs an NC signal, and has an input for NC signals to passthru for the Mach3 probe pin.

Since Mach3 is limited to one probe input I need to figure out how to invert the NO tool touch plate system.

Does anyone know an existing breakout board or electronics schematic that can turn a NO signal to ground touch probe system into an NC output?

Re: Touch probe + tool Z-zero touch plate.

Yes. It took me a while to figure it all out but, I have a blog post going over all of it.
    https://michaeldot.com/blog/2019/2/1...ed-probe-input

I know it says something about the cncrouter parts CNC. It's mach3 and I added a probe. The schematic and parts will work the same. It just inverts the signal. Then I split the cable so I can plug it in when needed.
    I probably spent$5-10 to get it working and have components left over.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I don't quite understand your blog post, as I am not an electronics guy.

I do not have the same cnc router parts you have so my pinout and wires are totally different.

Right now I have a single wire coming from my break out board, and when it connects to ground that triggers the probe circuit.

I think I can read your diagram as far as the resistors and touch probe, but what wire goes to the break out board, and which is used to short to ground for tool touch off?

Measure the voltage of the single wire and ground. It's probably 12v. As long as you have that, it will power that circuit.

You have to run that probe wire and ground to the circuit. Then run the probes signal and ground to the other side of the board. Touch the probe and it will trigger.
    It's not intuitive at first, it took me a bit to get the circuit worked out. However, my ground for the cncrp probe is attached to the touch plate and the signal wire is as well.

I had to split the cable to get 2 out of it. My machine isn't connected to the ground, I need to do that too still. I would rather not have to clip something each time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nlancaster View Post
    I purchased a Vers.by wireless touch probe.

https://vers.by/en/blog/user-s-guides/vers-wlr

It uses a little controller board that outputs an NC signal, and has an input for NC signals to passthru for the Mach3 probe pin.

Since Mach3 is limited to one probe input I need to figure out how to invert the NO tool touch plate system.

Does anyone know an existing breakout board or electronics schematic that can turn a NO signal to ground touch probe system into an NC output?
    I have just bought a spindle with ceramic bearings so have had to find a way to change my machine. My machine will now have a NO for the tool, and included is now a NC for the tool setter all into one pin input. So for the boards sake with one input only, I need to make that a NC so it can accept several inputs. Personally I have just bought a LCC110 which is a SSR with both NC and NO outputs. The LCC110 off the top of my head is only a few volts control, my mach 3 board is 12vdc, so I need to sort that to not smoke the LCC110 but its an option for you too. You can use a LCC110 to change the NC/NO as you please if that works

Hi nlancaster,
    I have been sending messages to the guy in belorus to try and buy one but he has not responded. what was your purchase experience and does the tool setter have a ceramic stylus?
    thanks
    mark