584,800 active members*
4,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > fanuc no diameter offset in tool table

fanuc no diameter offset in tool table

hi Im working on stama robodrill and there is no diameter table, only tool length table which we use both for lenghts (H) and diameters (D).
    diameter values are entered after H20 so for tool 1 you'd get
    T1 H1 D21
    for tool 12 youd get
    T12 H12 D32

etc.
    is there a way to make it to work with T1 H1 D1?

Re: fanuc no diameter offset in tool table

Fanuc controls have introduced three, progressively more advanced, types of memory to store tool length and tool radius offset values on a milling machine. These are known as Memory Type A, Memory Type B and Memory Type C. Type C is the latest and the most convenient to use, It uses each row in the offset table for storing both L and D, which you desire. If it is not available on your machine, you cannot use it.
    I am not sure but there is a possibility that even if type C is available on a machine, one may choose to use type A or B through a parameter. Please check your parameter manual.

Finally I've learned about this, I've managed to convert it to "C" type in memory (parameter 5001) and now I see "D" in my running programs:

But still no Diameter in table, only Length:

I've tried it both on machines with PMC type RB3/SB3 and Fanuc 16-M control
    and machines with PMC type RB6 and Fanuc 16i-M control.

You have not converted your control to C type. You've only changed the original A type to accept D instead of H. They both do the same thing. Unless you have a large tool carousel, the system you have works fine and many have used it successfully for years as is. It just takes a little more thought and diligence. BTW - D does not stand for Diameter. It is a logic address using letter D in the control. Typically you set a radius when using D/H and Cutter Compensation. (G41/G42/G40)

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    You have not converted your control to C type. You've only changed the original A type to accept D instead of H. They both do the same thing. Unless you have a large tool carousel, the system you have works fine and many have used it successfully for years as is. It just takes a little more thought and diligence. BTW - D does not stand for Diameter. It is a logic address using letter D in the control. Typically you set a radius when using D/H and Cutter Compensation. (G41/G42/G40)
    But my control accepted D even before this change.

Hmmm.. interesting. Still you're not showing an Offset Type C screen. There would be 4 columns per tool. Offset Type C would be a 900 or 9000 series option that you'd have to pay Fanuc for.

I believe you've likely changed a parameter that does nothing because the option it effects is not available. Even though it did add a "D" to your Check Screen.