584,837 active members*
5,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Setting soft limits automatically after Ref All axis

Hi ppl.

Today I just notice that on my plasma machine, when I refernce all axis to home, the softlimits do not toggled on automatically! However, on my cnc mill, this gets activated automatically after the first ref all is done!!

Can someone tell me the correct script edit needed to include an automatic soft limit button activation after all axis are referenced, please?

Should the Dobutton( 29 ) work??

Note, I am no programmer, I just know from what I read.

Thanks

DIM

Re: Setting soft limits automatically after Ref All axis

Hi again,

I am still trying to figure out how to get Mach 3 to auto toggle the soft limits after the Ref all is completed!!! Like I said I am no programmer, however from what I read I would like to verify if the following script is correct for what I what (so I start eliminating the issues):

DoButton( 24 )
    DoButton( 23 )
    DoButton( 22 )
    DoButton( 25 )

While IsMoving()
    Wend

DoButton( 29 )

So, this should Home the X,Y and Z, set them to Zero and then the last thing activate the Soft Limit button.

Is the correct?

Thanks guys.

Dim

DoButton(29) toggles soft limits, so that's not what you want. I could not find any button that puts soft limits to a predefined state.

Question is, how and why do soft limits get turned off on your machine? I turn them on when I install Mach3 and never touch them thereafter (except in some very rare circumstances).

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    DoButton(29) toggles soft limits, so that's not what you want. I could not find any button that puts soft limits to a predefined state.

Question is, how and why do soft limits get turned off on your machine? I turn them on when I install Mach3 and never touch them thereafter (except in some very rare circumstances).
    Thank you very much for your reply.

SO now I am more confused! This is the thing, I have two machines (both DIYs), one CNC mill other CNC plasma. On my mill, every time I turn it ON, I home all axis (with the RefAllHome buttom) and after all axis hit their limit switch, Mach3 automatically puts my Soft limits ON. Here I want to add that when I open Mach3 by default the Soft limits are OFF.

So recently I ve been playing with the plasma CNC, and noticed that when I home all axis, the soft limits do not toggle ON automatically, I would need to go and click on the Soft Limit button from the Mach 3 screen.

So why do I have two cnc machines which are nearly identical and Mach 3 works different? (I know Mach 3 is running different profiles, but I have set both machine nearly identical).

All I wish is to have the soft limits turned ON automatically....

Thank again

Dim

Quote Originally Posted by d3workz View Post
    Here I want to add that when I open Mach3 by default the Soft limits are OFF.
    Turn them on, save Mach3 settings and they should stay on forever until you turn them off deliberately. At least that's how it works for me.

If GetOEMLED(23) = 0 Then 'If its off, turn it on
    DoOEMButton(119)
    End If