585,737 active members*
4,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 0T-B PMC-L backup

Dear all,
    I would like to know if it is possible to backup the PMC ladder in FANUC 0T-B cnc lathe machine. I know that the PMC is stored in two eprom chips in main board. I need of a generic usb eprom reader or it is necessary a specific one?
    It is necessary to remove the eproms from the main board during the back-up?

Thanks to all

Re: Fanuc 0T-B PMC-L backup

If you are backing up the ROMs, you only need a generic EPROM reader/writer. The TL866II is a pretty common universal reader/writer that a lot of folks have used successfully. It’s the one I have used for simple EPROM backups. The Fanuc Reader/Writer is only needed if you need to pull the contents of the two chips into the Fanuc Ladder software for modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for your precious info.
    Do you remeber if the two EPROM in PCB Board can be removable by hand or are welded by tin metal?

My 0T-A with PMC-L has removable eproms 011 and 012 are 27C64 and I backed them up with a standard reader. I believe on the 0T-B the eproms are labeled OE1 and OE2 and are 27C256 eproms. Backing them up as binary files is easy.

To edit the ladder you will need someone to combine/convert them. A few months ago I successfully added m codes to open and close my chuck. They were combined with a Hi-ROM and I made the edits in Fladder, and then re-split into binary images using the Hi-ROM. I burned them back to eproms using my generic burner. My bar puller has been working great.

Quote Originally Posted by forhire View Post
    My 0T-A with PMC-L has removable eproms 011 and 012 are 27C64 and I backed them up with a standard reader. I believe on the 0T-B the eproms are labeled OE1 and OE2 and are 27C256 eproms. Backing them up as binary files is easy.

To edit the ladder you will need someone to combine/convert them. A few months ago I successfully added m codes to open and close my chuck. They were combined with a Hi-ROM and I made the edits in Fladder, and then re-split into binary images using the Hi-ROM. I burned them back to eproms using my generic burner. My bar puller has been working great.
    Dear forhire.
    Thank you very much for the replay to my thread, I would like to read the ladder of my machine because I would like to change some timers and counters(I do not have a printed copy of the ladder diagram nomore....) I already download the binary file, OE1 and OE2 from eprom(27C256 eprom), but I cannot read on FAPT Ladder Dos software(error during decomile). May have I to convert to .#EX file to view the ladder diagram on FAPT software? Can you please help me to perform that?

Thank you in advace for your kind cooperation

hi
    i am convert oe1&oe2 to .#ex file
    but i cant convert 012&011 with top procedure
    do you have hi rom soft
    [email protected]