Hello,

This is my first post and "hi everyone".

I recently started with milling machines (again.. its been 20 years ago and i aint had problems,.. just Carbon cutting) - but i am more a FDM - SLA - mSLA guy.
Anyway

Pre Problem : I bought a CNC 6040 which is chinaware from a german warehouse - aside from that it seemed to be a used one i was quit happy except the Y-Axis which is not stiff enough (not railed).

When i started the first milling trys on MDF i noticed that several things happen and can be reduced to the same problem:

Problem 1: Multilayer Carving - the second and third layers are always shifted between 1 and 2 mm to the right.
Switched X and Y Axis and the problem persists - so its shifting upwards about 1-2 mm.

I read it might be a defective driver - well.... tell me ?

Problem 2:

Z-axis does start to stutter/Jitter SOMETIMES when moving down - sounds it like skipping steps (same as you would hear when watching the video - but more seldom but heavier.. and you see the handwheel jumps)

What RALLY makes me wonder is: Jog Movements or using Arrow Keys with Mach3 makes no problem - Typing in the MDI related gcode like x-140 makes the trouble.
Thanks for ANY input!

Video :

https://youtu.be/zKtvBqYzrs4

Machine :

CNC 6040 - watercooled
1.5 kw
BSMCE04U-PP Board
TX14207 Drivers

If you need anything else, please drop me a line.
Thank you VERY MUCH