584,837 active members*
5,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Disconnect bar feeder Daewoo puma 2000

Disconnect bar feeder Daewoo puma 2000

Hello,
    Yesterday i bought a Puma 2000Y -2002 with a bar feeder and lots of accessories. Im very excited to learn the Fanuc control and all the machine functions. But i cant install it with the bar feeder until i find a bigger workshop. The precious owner said the machine alarms if the bar feeder is not reset and operational. Does anyone know which parameters in the Fanuc control i need to change to disconnect the bar feeder? The bar feeder is a LNS and i think it was called Alpha (i can verify this when i start to disassemble the machine).

Thanks
    /Johan

Re: Disconnect bar feeder Daewoo puma 2000

I have a Mori where there is a toggle switch inside the electrical cabinet that says Bar Feed Valid/Invalid. I'm guessing you're not going to be so lucky.

All the bar feed contactors and relays etc are likely going to be grouped together somewhere. If you have any knowledge of electrical circuits you should be able to go through the manual and figure out where you need to go to lie to the computer.

For instance. There may be a motor overload with an ON/OFF rocker switch. Likely on that switch is a NC (Normally Closed) contact that when the switch is on (as it would be normally) the switch becomes Open, and therefore the control thinks everything is okay. But when you manually turn that switch off and close that contact, it sends a signal to the computer that the motor is overloaded and alarms out the machine. All you'd do in this case is simply disconnect one of the wires going to the NC contact area of the overload. FYI - the above scenario could easily be the reverse (contact type wise) of what I just suggested. It's also possible you will also have to jumper the Emergency Stop circuit. Emergency Stop Circuits are almost always big long daisy chain circuits. Meaning a long Series circuit. Any break in the circuit anywhere sets of the Emergency Stop. Find where the E-Stop on the bar feeder is connected, and jumper those connections.

Whether there is a parameter or not to disable the bar feeder may be hit or miss. Perhaps someone will chime in with the magic bullet you're after. If not it's these kind of computer fake outs that will get you where you want to go.

It might actually be a Keep Relay that turns the Bar Feed on and off. If you have all the manuals, look through the Keep Relay or Data Tables. It may say right there, Bar Feed Valid set this. Bar Feed Invalid, set that.

Seeing as you're new to Fanuc. Watch this Youtube video. It will fill you in on a lot of things in a hurry.

Good luck with your new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    I have a Mori where there is a toggle switch inside the electrical cabinet that says Bar Feed Valid/Invalid. I'm guessing you're not going to be so lucky.

All the bar feed contactors and relays etc are likely going to be grouped together somewhere. If you have any knowledge of electrical circuits you should be able to go through the manual and figure out where you need to go to lie to the computer.

For instance. There may be a motor overload with an ON/OFF rocker switch. Likely on that switch is a NC (Normally Closed) contact that when the switch is on (as it would be normally) the switch becomes Open, and therefore the control thinks everything is okay. But when you manually turn that switch off and close that contact, it sends a signal to the computer that the motor is overloaded and alarms out the machine. All you'd do in this case is simply disconnect one of the wires going to the NC contact area of the overload. FYI - the above scenario could easily be the reverse (contact type wise) of what I just suggested. It's also possible you will also have to jumper the Emergency Stop circuit. Emergency Stop Circuits are almost always big long daisy chain circuits. Meaning a long Series circuit. Any break in the circuit anywhere sets of the Emergency Stop. Find where the E-Stop on the bar feeder is connected, and jumper those connections.

Whether there is a parameter or not to disable the bar feeder may be hit or miss. Perhaps someone will chime in with the magic bullet you're after. If not it's these kind of computer fake outs that will get you where you want to go.

It might actually be a Keep Relay that turns the Bar Feed on and off. If you have all the manuals, look through the Keep Relay or Data Tables. It may say right there, Bar Feed Valid set this. Bar Feed Invalid, set that.

Seeing as you're new to Fanuc. Watch this Youtube video. It will fill you in on a lot of things in a hurry.

Good luck with your new machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvezGLI_dxg
    Hello again. I finally got the machine in place and cleaned up. As figured i got the emg stop error right away from the bar feeder. But i simply jumped the emg stop circuit on the bar feeder plug and it worked. Best way would be to inactivate it with a parameter, but until i figure that out i will continue with the jumper.

Thank you for the help.

/Johan

Re: Disconnect bar feeder Daewoo puma 2000

Hey Johan, Glad to hear you're up and running. You know it's not uncommon to have a jumper on a DIN rail inside the electrical cabinet connecting unused E-Stop Circuits. There are many pre-wired ancillary pieces of equipment that could come with a machine that may not be present. Like chip conveyors, auto doors, high pressure coolant, etc. But again you might find a Keep Relay or something like that to turn things on and off. Generally for that you're going to need the manuals that came with the machine as it will be a MTB (Machine Tool Builder) kind of thing. I've always thought that it's pretty amazing how changing a single bit in a control can completely change how a machine acts. Too cool.