584,846 active members*
4,450 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Problem with Serial port on NUM 1040

Hope someone can help me with issue I have on woodworking machine with my Serial port on NUM 1040W (1996. year).
    Machine has Serial port I use or used a days ago for data transfer (program G code from PC to CNC, Backup or EDIT by PLCTool...). A few days ago from some reason I can not use Serial port as before (port not responding).
    Beside this port on NUM 1040 there is second port Com 1 in my case using for Handwheel which manage axes manually when it is needed. The Com 1 works properly and no problem at all. Serial and Com 1 are near each other on NUM and it is funny that one serial port working another not... I have checked everything regarding setup PC and machine, configuration both PC and CNC but result is zero!
    Before that with the same port setup (Serial) PC and CNC machine worked as mentioned great...

I will very thank you anyone can help with my readiness to compensate for an expert help!

Regards!

Senado
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LZEN9037.jpg   IMG_7464.jpg  

Re: Problem with Serial port on NUM 1040

Quote Originally Posted by senado View Post
    Hope someone can help me with issue I have on woodworking machine with my Serial port on NUM 1040W (1996. year).
    Machine has Serial port I use or used a days ago for data transfer (program G code from PC to CNC, Backup or EDIT by PLCTool...). A few days ago from some reason I can not use Serial port as before (port not responding).
    Beside this port on NUM 1040 there is second port Com 1 in my case using for Handwheel which manage axes manually when it is needed. The Com 1 works properly and no problem at all. Serial and Com 1 are near each other on NUM and it is funny that one serial port working another not... I have checked everything regarding setup PC and machine, configuration both PC and CNC but result is zero!
    Before that with the same port setup (Serial) PC and CNC machine worked as mentioned great...

I will very thank you anyone can help with my readiness to compensate for an expert help!

Regards!

Senado
    I guess you changed the cable
    Mactec54

Thanks on answer and advice.
    I did and tried some options. PC, cable, drivers are OK... Serial cable with Serial port with which I transfer data after change on parameter P112 (Word N0 - 0 to 1) works on port Com1. What is problem now I have only one serial port (Com1 now in function). If I use him (Com1) for PLCTool I can not work with Handwheel I also need... Yes it is possible but I must again go to P112 and change parameter Word N0 - 1 to 0... reset machine and continue.

It is very strange that with same setup on PC communication running on Com1 but not on Serial port. BR!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NUM_PC.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	462466

Sounds like the communication chip called UART has failed. Contact your nearest NUM office