585,949 active members*
4,418 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tool height issue

I have been working for a while with manual tool change but there is an issue with the heights and I don't know where it comes from, PP or internal script or settings.

Before I start a new job I probe the X,Y,Z Zeros at the Working position, then press start and the tool goes to the fixed sensor to measure the tool length. Everything works fine until the first tool goes to the feed height of the part, it always goes to the feed height of the last tool from the previous job.

Then I stop the job, probe again the Z of the part and start again the Job and everything works well including tools changes. (Again, until the next job).

I would be happy if anyone has a solution to the issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Chen

Re: Tool height issue

Quote Originally Posted by bglbgl12 View Post
    I have been working for a while with manual tool change but there is an issue with the heights and I don't know where it comes from, PP or internal script or settings.

Before I start a new job I probe the X,Y,Z Zeros at the Working position, then press start and the tool goes to the fixed sensor to measure the tool length. Everything works fine until the first tool goes to the feed height of the part, it always goes to the feed height of the last tool from the previous job.

Then I stop the job, probe again the Z of the part and start again the Job and everything works well including tools changes. (Again, until the next job).

I would be happy if anyone has a solution to the issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Chen
    May be you control needs to cancel the last tool offset before you start the next operation with your setup this would be in the safety code line add a G

So just add a G49 at the top of the program to see if that will fix the problem

Are you using a different tool number when this happens as the last operation is still active check the tool offset to see that they are changing if using the same tool number
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    May be you control needs to cancel the last tool offset before you start the next operation with your setup this would be in the safety code line add a G

So just add a G49 at the top of the program to see if that will fix the problem

Are you using a different tool number when this happens as the last operation is still active check the tool offset to see that they are changing if using the same tool number
    Thank you, now it works perfect!
    The G49 doing the job