584,798 active members*
4,187 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Emcoturn 320 Re-Hab

Thanks, In the documents I sent you the process to align the tail stock is in there. Did you get the files?

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Pilot View Post
    If you've already played with the setscrews, you're out of luck. The spindle requires proper dual plane balancing. If you can find someone to come out and do it for a reasonable price, that would be the solution. Rebuild that actuator prior.
    Well, now I know about dual plane balancing. Are the two planes in question the end-cap of the actuator and the ring of set-screws about 3/4 of the way down the body of the cylinder?

I've been looking through those files. There's a fair bit in your directory -- I guess I haven't gotten to the tailstock alignment part yet.

Most of the info you'll need is in the ET320_EN2769_C96-10.pdf file.
    What material and size did you use for the small window?

Quote Originally Posted by crclark View Post
    What material and size did you use for the small window?
    I went with 3/16 polycarbonate -- I had TAP cut it to 27.75, 8.25 (in) but I needed to cut it down a bit from there to get a good fit.

thanks, remember if you need parts let me know, remember I have a second parts 320 but its the Siemens controller.
    Also this is strictly a hobby for me and I enjoy helping others, I just do it to learn. I would starve if I tried to make a living at this

Quote Originally Posted by fremder23 View Post
    Well, now I know about dual plane balancing. Are the two planes in question the end-cap of the actuator and the ring of set-screws about 3/4 of the way down the body of the cylinder?
    It looks like the actuator only has one ring of set screws. I'm not sure if anything else is used to balance that spindle. Mine has two rows of set screws. Without sensors to measure vibration and spindle position, chances of getting it right by trial and error are virtually zero. You also indicate the actuator to minimize runout before you balance.

Any coolant you like will be fine, you should learn about coolant maintenance if you aren't familiar.

If the machine takes metric tooling, just buy metric tooling. Modifying tooling gets old. What you need will all depend on what you make.

The jaw chucks are hard to find, so great to have.

I cut the air when I power down. The actuator leaks quite a bit at the union, but it may be time for a rebuild.

Emco USA does stock many parts. Have part numbers when you contact them. They are just thin stainless sheet.

Sorry to do a slight thread hijack with my 325. It seems as though the 325 is rather different than the 320.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Pilot View Post
    I had to guess at the settings as Emco wouldn't tell me anything. Wait it has no control? What are you going to do? I would try everything to bring the old one back to life. I thought mine was bad, fortunately it turned out to be a variety of small gremlins. I never found a suitable DIY solution that included as much C axis functionality. just recently I looked again and found nothing, cheaper than the Concept upgrade.
    My 325-II has no Fanuc parts - just a WinXP PC up front and the ACC in back. My XP PC was dead, so I got a used Dell Thin Client w/Win7 Embedded and loaded the WinNC software from the OEM CD and floppy that came with the machine.

Everything seems to work fine, just having problems with some G-code cycles. The two programming manuals I have (early & late versions) do not appear to match the Fanuc 21TB version I have, so some of the cycles (radial live tools) aren't documented properly.

I finally have some tooling, I can't figure out how to get the tool offsets into the Fanuc O-T control and I'm hoping someone has a post processor for the Emcoturn 320 with the Fanuc controller for Fusion 360.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crclark View Post
    I finally have some tooling, I can't figure out how to get the tool offsets into the Fanuc O-T control and I'm hoping someone has a post processor for the Emcoturn 320 with the Fanuc controller for Fusion 360.

Thanks
    If it's anything like Fanuc 21T, the emco manual has a decent description of the process. Keep in mind you have to set the work shift first off the turret face, then you can set tool offsets from the workshift zero point.

Tool, tool wear, and zero shift (part zero) are accessed by pressing the MENU/OFFSET key when in MDI or JOG mode.

O-T manual attached in case you don't already have it. Check page B3 for work shift anf B6 for tool offsets.

EDIT - I couldn't find a suitable free post for the Emco's version of Fanuc. There are enough changes from standard Fanuc I gave up trying to edit the generic F360 post and paid someone to write one for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks a ton, How do I find someone to write the post processor for me for a fee?

What software are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by VisionForge View Post
    What software are you using?
    Fusion, but I'm just learning it and I'm just a hobbyist and am quite away from actually making a part.

Thanks

Would anyone in here still have the manuals for this machine. Mine came lacking all the documentation. I tried contacting the manufacture with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 12