584,846 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Converting V2XT to manual??

We bought the Centroid conversion kit in 2017 and it's still not running and have been trying for years to make it work and i'm sick of it. It's in my University shop and we have a lot of other cnc equipment and can work on it in "spare time" , so jerks and fits of effort. My computer/nerd/electronics guru passed away unexpectedly of ALS and we are just machinists, nothing else. It is a low hour school mill and the iron is good. Has anyone got any knowledge/experience in converting a V2XT (old Boss 9) mill to plain old manual?

dakin "at" olemiss.edu

Re: Converting V2XT to manual??

... got to love it. Centroid says it can done in 12hrs
    https://www.centroidcnc.com/bridgeport_boss.htm

What stage of retrofitting is your machine at? Photos will help

Quote Originally Posted by ncpapaul View Post
    We bought the Centroid conversion kit in 2017 and it's still not running and have been trying for years to make it work and i'm sick of it. It's in my University shop and we have a lot of other cnc equipment and can work on it in "spare time" , so jerks and fits of effort. My computer/nerd/electronics guru passed away unexpectedly of ALS and we are just machinists, nothing else. It is a low hour school mill and the iron is good. Has anyone got any knowledge/experience in converting a V2XT (old Boss 9) mill to plain old manual?

dakin "at" olemiss.edu

if you want to send a truck, ill trade you a nice manual bridgeport for it !!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ... got to love it. Centroid says it can done in 12hrs
    https://www.centroidcnc.com/bridgeport_boss.htm

What stage of retrofitting is your machine at? Photos will help
    Yes this is posable I have done them in less than12Hrs with the full kit, if you just piece it together then it could take some time, today there are many choices so I would not use that kit to do one of these machines
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by ncpapaul View Post

dakin "at" olemiss.edu
    Converting it to manual is not an easy task, because of the Ballscrews which you have X and Z with a rotating nut, so would be almost imposable to add handles to them, you are better off to find someone that can help you complete the control install
    Mactec54