528,289 active members*
2,713 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shuttle Jog Step button cover

Pretty self-explanatory. Cover that "step" key with a 3d printed cover. See https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4584044 for free download. No PathPilot script editing, etc.

Files include 3 different covers. "Cut cover" has a notch to allow a discrete finger press of the step button if you'd like. Tall is a bit too tall but may add safety for heavy hands.

This fit's very tightly, scale up if you'd like a looser fit. Notch is for shuttle power cord. Printing tips on thingiverse site.

Feedback appreciated.

Sam

Registered

Re: Shuttle Jog Step button cover

You ... have a mill. Why would you 3D print such a shape? :-D

I disabled mine in the PP software, there wa a post recently as to how to do it.
    mike sr

Hi Pops, I too read that post and others about disabling step button in software and it's a great option. I didn't want to disable mine, as I do use it from time to time.

I also didn't know if software change would persist with each PP upgrade. Maybe you know that answer?

Quote Originally Posted by samstu View Post
    Hi Pops, I too read that post and others about disabling step button in software and it's a great option. I didn't want to disable mine, as I do use it from time to time.

I also didn't know if software change would persist with each PP upgrade. Maybe you know that answer?
    I would think it will get overwritten with each new update. This is one disadvantage of updating PP. I do like your option as it wont change with updates, good idea!
    mike sr

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by samstu View Post

Kind of clever!
    gives me the idea to make base with some NASA type bumper guards on each side. that would allow use but still keep floating fingers off it.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    You ... have a mill. Why would you 3D print such a shape? :-D
    3D-printing this is the best tool for the job, to my mind though it's not a huge deal either way. A 3D printer can crank this out with almost no intervention on your part. Using the mill means CAM, workholding setup, tool offset entry, tool changes, clean up, etc. as opposed to loading filament, slicing the file, loading it into the printer and hitting "Start". For my printer and setup that takes a couple minutes, much less if I don't need to change the filament. Setup in the mill isn't much longer but the CAM can really bog me down.

Different strokes for different folks, though.

This is where I tried to download it and the link showed nothing (Guns from Hobby Machinist) Seems to be working now. This cover will come i handy as I am a CNC and Tormach newb. Thanks man!

Tigster / GoN

Thingiverse had a crash a while back.

Hope you enjoy and find useful.