585,992 active members*
5,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Using tool numbers above 25

I know I can use 0-200 tool numbers on my VF2 but I can't find any information to get it setup. I have setting 90 set to 200 but that's as far as I've gone. I've searched the internet and even attempted to ask Haas but can't seem to get a straight answer.
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Re: Using tool numbers above 25

The first response from my local HFO didn't work at all, then I got a second email from someone else at the same HFO and it was completely different from the first. The second answer came off more as a work around and not something that makes sense to use in the long run. I really get the feeling that the people answering questions are not really the people that should be. Many companies have secretaries answering tech questions when they shouldn't be, and this feels similar to that.

It's hard to believe I can't get a straight answer on this. I guess I'll just start emailing every random Haas rep email I can find until someone can answer the question..
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

So it turns out Haas has been giving me instructions for new software and not my 2008 version. The guy I'm talking said he knows nothing about the version I'm running and is stumped on how to unlock access to all 200 tool numbers.

Anyone here running a 2008 Haas machine with Side Mount Tool Changer that can help out? (Umbrella style tool changers dont have the 0-200 tool numbers option)
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Got it! Thanks for looking
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert