Hi, first time on this forum.
I am really inexperienced, I use a 4x8 CNC for cabinet making but really don't know anything about the inner workings
but am eager to learn.

I am planning on building a positioner for a saw cut stop, like a Tiger stop. This would be a starter project for me to dip my toes in and learn more. Eventually I would like to build some more complex machines but need to start slow.
For now I plan on buying inexpensive parts to practice and test on.

In the end I would like to be able to use a Tablet ??? for the screen. I would download cut lists from Excel. I understand Excel can be used to generate G-code. The positioner move to the length for each measurement then to the next on down the list.

What type of control should I use for this? If I can create G-code in excel where does it go from there? Do I need mach3-4,centroid acorn or some other software?

I would need to be able to have a custom-simplified interface for employees to be able to navigate, somehow just working their way down a cut list. Also being able to punch in lengths not on a list. I know this seems like alot to ask but the uses for this in my shop would not be limited to just this one machine so I am willing to put a lot of effort.

Thanks for any advice, I obviously know nothing.