585,591 active members*
2,604 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Looking for a decent used ATC spindle - 2hp to 5hp range.

Looking for a decent used ATC spindle - 2hp to 5hp range.

Title says it. I'm looking for a decent used ATC spindle - 2hp to 5hp range.

Thanks,
    BH

Re: Looking for a decent used ATC spindle - 2hp to 5hp range.

You'll have to provide more info if you expect anyone to be able provide an answer that's worth anything.

"Decent" doesn't mean anything unless you state what it's to be used for (I.e. What it will cut), what type of machine it's going on (a decent spindle for a 5 ton mill would tear apart a homemade wooden gantry router), what type of parts (for the level of precision) etc.

And... Your budget. Atc spindles range from $1500 to $50,000+

I'm not too worried. If someone has a USED 2 to 5 hp ATC spindle to sell I'm sure they would contact me to discuss the details.

BH

Hi,
    'good' and 'decent' are hard to define......but one thing is true is that 'good' and 'decent' ATC spindles in your power range are as rare as hens teeth second hand.
    If they are 'good' or 'decent' they will be retained and used.

I have an 800W air cooled asynchronous (24000rpm) spindle made by a German company called Mechatron. I've had it for six years and I don't know how many thousands of hours use
    I have had....but many. For my new mill I would dearly like another from the same company (ATC with SK25, 42000rpm, S1 2.5kW) but at 5700 Euro its not going to happen anytime soon.

https://www.mechatron-gmbh.de/en/

Jianken have a good reputation, and there's a guy here in NZ who has one and he reckons they are great.

https://www.jian-ken.com/products

S1 3.2kW, 230VAC, 24000 rpm @ 800Hz excitation, either BT30 or ISO20,( or it it ISO25?) for around $1500USD. That's pretty good value for money and from a credible Chinese manufacturer
    who has been doing serious spindles for years. Still have to save my pennies, but this will be my next highspeed spindle.

I have a re-manufactured 3kW servo motor (Vickers....Italian from circa 95) which I'm building into a spindle for low speed high torque operations, ie milling steel
    and stainless. So I will keep my eyes open for a spindle cartridge, hopefully with ATC. They are not common second hand and tend to be expensive, say $1500 upwards
    but they do come up if you are patient.

Craig