585,668 active members*
4,344 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Chinese CNC Routers?

Does anyone have experience using chinese CNC routers. A friend of mine want to buy Chinese CNC routers not from a very well know chinese brand. Would you recommend buying one of those routers or recommend buying expensive local one?

Re: Chinese CNC Routers?

maybe some real feedback from cnc end user will help you make a choice.

I bought a Chinese 4X8 Acctek USA about 2 years ago after debating between it and spending the money for a camaster. Haven't regretted it once. The machine is built like a tank. Before I even set it up, I yanked out the Mach 3 hacked stuff and replaced it with Centroid Acorn, Never could get the oiling system to distribute oil evenly so ripped that off and put grease zerks in the bearings, The spindle was fine but I found an ATC spindle at a good price and replaced the spindle and VFD then made my own tool holder rack. Now all in I am just under $10k for all of that and machine also came with a double bag dust collector and a 4th axis rotary. Can't touch a comparable machine at that price. I recommend people all the time to go this route. The one advantage that the American made machines had was tech support. I had tech support with the Chinese but they are on a different time zone so it was inconvenient and since I put in Centroid control, I now have no reason to ever contact Acctek for tech support.

If you want any more info about the machine just let me know. My suggestion would be to go with something like this where they take care of all the importing issues and just get it delivered to your house. I had never heard of this company before but they are an importer that aren't putting a huge markup and most all the Chinese seem to be virtually the same machine with just a different name on it.

Working with a 1325 right now.
    9kw spindle 220v single phase
    If you want recommendation let me know.
    Would be happy to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleve_Hope View Post
    Does anyone have experience using chinese CNC routers. A friend of mine want to buy Chinese CNC routers not from a very well know chinese brand. Would you recommend buying one of those routers or recommend buying expensive local one?
    There are many brands, better see the machine running on Youtube first before placing an order.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

I want to buy a cnc router machine for my factory. But I know little information about it. Thank you for your advice. And I wonder if there are any shops that manufactured this product you can suggest. My friend recommended a shop in Jinan, called Jinan FORSUN CNC Machinery Co., Ltd.. Here is their site,https://forsungroup.com/ Do you guys think it's good or not. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleve_Hope View Post
    Hi, I can help with this. Please feel free to reach out.

I have a 3040 Omio from China. Great little machine for wood and soft metal

Received an OMIO X8-2200 august 2020.

So sad I didn't read the OMIO report thread before buying.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3MaXRDZEoQ