584,812 active members*
5,481 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Allen Bradley Ultra3000 and MPL servo

Allen Bradley Ultra3000 and MPL servo

I am stuck on trying to find out what is going on with this combo. I'm hooking up the servo drive and communications cable and getting a E11 error, which is "phasing not correct". This has happened on two separate motors and drives. I've checked the wiring many times. I've tried changing the orientation of UVW to see if I can get anything else. Nothing is getting me there. I should note that I'm a retired mechanical engineer so while familiar with servo drives I'm certainly no expert. Both drives and and servo's were purchased used but have checked out for shorts, continuity, and such. Does this setup require me utilize a program to set up the servo to remove the E11 error? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

Re: Allen Bradley Ultra3000 and MPL servo

...the encoder and feedback phase makes a difference too. right?

Yes it does. I've checked the voltage to the encoder and it's correct. I need to get my scope out and check the output next.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jcsb View Post
    I am stuck on trying to find out what is going on with this combo. I'm hooking up the servo drive and communications cable and getting a E11 error, which is "phasing not correct". This has happened on two separate motors and drives. I've checked the wiring many times. I've tried changing the orientation of UVW to see if I can get anything else. Nothing is getting me there. I should note that I'm a retired mechanical engineer so while familiar with servo drives I'm certainly no expert. Both drives and and servo's were purchased used but have checked out for shorts, continuity, and such. Does this setup require me utilize a program to set up the servo to remove the E11 error? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

Hello JCSB

These are not connect and run systems, they must be set and configured for the connected motor type.

The manual: https://literature.rockwellautomatio...n005_-en-p.pdf

You need the UltraWARE software at: https://compatibility.rockwellautoma...aspx?crumb=112

See page 100 for: E11 Illegal Hall State.

Verify the correct wiring of the hall phases for commutation and select the proper motor, see PAGE 21, this should correct the problem. Remember you have (UVW power stage) and (Hall sensor states for commutation).

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Thanks. I will try to resolve this tomorrow.
    John