584,833 active members*
5,695 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic 2100 Looking at Wrong Directory

Acramatic 2100 Looking at Wrong Directory

I received a Cincinnati Arrow. Quick summary to this point. Unsure of overall condition. Had it checked by an electrician and wired in. When I first tried to boot it, it had a bridge board error. I sorted that out and then the system would boot but was met with the NC Engine Base - FAIL during the system check. I checked the coin battery voltages and found them to be dead. Replaced the batteries and went through and configured BIOS settings.
    Now when the computer boots but when it goes to launch the application from the Mustang directory it eventually times out and give me:

Cannot find file c: \ Mustang \ load.bat specified in win.ini [or one of its components]; check to ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

After clicking OK it takes me to Windows NT since the program does not launch. I am able to go into file manager. from there I can locate all the Mustang system files but they are on directory D: not C:. If I manually launch load.bat from the file it is in it will start the application but then can not find the C: file path for the next application executable.
    I am currently trying to find one of my PCs that still has an IDE so I can run linux and make a backup of the HDD before I get past a point of no return.

My question is has anyone ever had this happen? Is there a way to reconfigure that software to look at the D directory instead of C? Not really sure what my best route is on this one.

Re: Acramatic 2100 Looking at Wrong Directory

...what if you added a second HDD ?

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    I am not sure I follow.

I'm not a Acramatic 2100 type guy but,...if your machine is PC based and had a 2nd HDD before and someone removed it ...this would cause a problem booting from D drive because it is not there right?

Why not copy the folders to the C drive?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

I'm not a Acramatic 2100 type guy but,...if your machine is PC based and had a 2nd HDD before and someone removed it ...this would cause a problem booting from D drive because it is not there right?
    Ok now I'm with you. There is only the one 2gb HDD and no hook up for a second one.

When I go into file manager I can see both the C: and D: partitions on the HDD. The program appears to be looking for its files in C: but they are all located on D:. I should have a PC this weekend that I can safely back up the HDD with. After that I was not sure what my best option was. As of now I think my options would be to:
    1)see if there is a way to tell the program to look in D: instead of C:
    2)copy or move the files from D: to C:
    3)try and rename the directories
    4)try and source a copy of the software and do a fresh install

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Why not copy the folders to the C drive?
    I was contemplating that. I did not want to start messing with things on the drive until I know I have a good copy of it. I'd hate to not have a reset button if things got worse. I should be able to copy the drive this weekend. After that I will be more comfortable moving things around and making changes. If I can not find a way to simply redirect the program I am leaning towards moving the files from D: to C: as my first attempt.

Finally got a chance to up load some photos of what I am working with

I also figured I would post up some pics of the machine when it was received and moved inside the shop. I would like to see the X Y and Z axis move and the spindle spin up. I am willing to invest money down the road to repair a bad axis drive or something if needed or to retrofit the main control system but want to make sure it is worth salvaging as I can not afford a full machine retrofit at this time. Regardless the end decisions i will most likely do and document a restoration on the machine.

...I was reading in this thread below about bios setting after battery failures.....Rebcomachin said
    "Update:
    Turned out to be bios settings in ws board. Service tech found audio and plug and play settings were off. Probably reset to defaults during poor connection of power supply.
    "
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cinci...will-load.html

You possibly have a damaged drive, or a drive that never worked to begin with. Fives-MSI offers Tech-Support, Parts and Service on this machine.
    Are there any M1Y-xxxx.BCK files on the hard Drive? 1-800-934-0735 Tech-Support-Cincinnati
    GregW

...I was reading in this thread below about bios setting after battery failures.....Rebcomachin said
    "Update:
    Turned out to be bios settings in ws board. Service tech found audio and plug and play settings were off. Probably reset to defaults during poor connection of power supply.
    "
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cinci...will-load.html
    Ill have to give that a read. I followed the bio settings i found on some other threads. I know that there was several different boards through the years and claims of different settings needed for some of them. I posted pics of all the part numbers earlier today. If you have or can get the settings known to be specific to those two motherboard numbers I'll be more than glad to hook the VGA card back up and recheck them.
    I have not totally ruled out bios settings as i was only having a NC Engine Base fail prior to this problem. This problem began after I replaced the batteries on the boards and configured them to fix the NC Engine issue. It just strikes me as odd because nothing in that process should have created a new partition or move file paths as the hard drive was no where in the equation.

There are WS-CPU settings in the A2100 CNC Reference Manual. If you need more make sure that you know the #-424-xxxxAyy pn of the WS-CPU off the Bar Code label on the board chassis and the Version of BIOS shown on the Screen with the hard drive power unplugged. Contact Cincinnati Tech-Support at Fives-MSI. 1-800-934-0735 Tech-Support-Cincinnati. We'll get you the proper settings. After you restore the proper settings; then save and power down. Plug the power to the hard drive back in and reboot.
    GregW

Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    There are WS-CPU settings in the A2100 CNC Reference Manual. If you need more make sure that you know the #-424-xxxxAyy pn of the WS-CPU off the Bar Code label on the board chassis and the Version of BIOS shown on the Screen with the hard drive power unplugged. Contact Cincinnati Tech-Support at Fives-MSI. 1-800-934-0735 Tech-Support-Cincinnati. We'll get you the proper settings. After you restore the proper settings; then save and power down. Plug the power to the hard drive back in and reboot.
    GregW
    Thanks. Yea I have been leaning more and more to Bios configs being the issue. I was able to back up the HDD this weekend and have another HDD to clone it to on the way. So I am more comfortable moving forward with the machine now. when you speak of the Reference manual is this For the WS I have a 3-424-2123A02 with Bios 2A41BU41.

...Photos from your other thread
    Attachment 448856
    Attachment 448858
    Attachment 448862
    Attachment 448860

good deal ....Looks like gwood has you on the road to recovery.

yea if he can hook me up with the configs for both and it resolves everything ill post the this symptom and the outcome into the other thread and close this one. Hopefully I'll soon be past this phase and can move on with the restoration after verifying what does and does not work.
    I'm fortunate to have gotten this. I definitely could not have afforded to buy an equivalent machine up and running (especially new), so I will be ecstatic when I know I am good to start cleaning and going through everything.

Small update: I have been going back and worth with Greg at Fives. Currently awaiting a new hard drive to arrive. Should have an update on if problem is resolved once it gets here.

On the hard drive I think you have a C drive with FAT files and a D drive is in NTFS files they work together to run the machine. I agree with G Wood, you need a new Compact Flash drive with the current rev of software. This is a problem when people copy the original hard drive and don't use the correct copy software. Can you find a copy of your M1Y.**** file it would help you restore your settings.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

While the machine is still non-operational, the issue of this thread has been resolved. I replaced the HDD with an updated SSD unit from Five MSI and the machine now boots into the Acramatic Software.
    Once I finish working out my other issue with the help of Five MSI, I will most likely start a restoration thread and cover the other findings there.