584,849 active members*
4,391 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Amada Pega Turret punch E Stop Reset

Amada Pega Turret punch E Stop Reset

Our 1985 Amada Pega 20-40-40 turret punch won’t start because of an ‘error 14 emergency/reset” . We checked the 2 E stop switches and they are both reset. We checked the fuses to the best of our knowledge and tried to reset all the circut protectors. The ‘Clamp open’ , ‘Tool change Switch’ & ‘X Block’ lights are on. The fans come on but the motor isn’t turning.
    It has a Fanuc-P System 6M controller.

HELP!!!

Could be the flywheel hasn't stopped at Top Dead Center, if you have hit E-stop button during operation. You should have procedure for getting to Top Dead Center, in the operator's manual look for 'Preparing for Operation' or something like that.
    Procedure is at initial power on, if TDC is not lit, select manual mode, set index pins IN, close workclamps, set press selection switch to 'Inching', then press and release 'Punching' button until TDC is lit.

14 error

Thanks for the reply but we couldn't even get the unit up to reset the top dead center error if we had that. We have that problem time to time but know how to correct it. It turns out that we had a blown fuse that we replaced and we are back up. Believe it or not, Amada told us we had a blown fuse and to check them. We did and its all good now. Thanks for ther help anyway and I am sure I will need more. I will also help when I find a solutition to a problem for all the others out there. Thia is a great website....let keep it going boys!

Re: 14 error

Quote Originally Posted by supreme_hinge View Post
    Thanks for the reply but we couldn't even get the unit up to reset the top dead center error if we had that. We have that problem time to time but know how to correct it. It turns out that we had a blown fuse that we replaced and we are back up. Believe it or not, Amada told us we had a blown fuse and to check them. We did and its all good now. Thanks for ther help anyway and I am sure I will need more. I will also help when I find a solutition to a problem for all the others out there. Thia is a great website....let keep it going boys!
    Ive got the same alarm exact same machine can you tell me the fix

Re: Amada Pega Turret punch E Stop Reset

hi sir can you help me last week machine have lost all machine parameter can you give us backup
    My id is
    [email protected]
    with hope full response

Re: Amada Pega Turret punch E Stop Reset

hi bro
    did u slove the problem ?>