Hello everyone... My first post here. I'm keen to hear everyone's suggestions and advice regarding a build plan I've got. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

My plan is to purchase the PRO4848 kit and then build my owns legs, control system and spindle settup. But I'm weighing this up against just buying the plug n play options from the start.

For the control system in thinking about going with a masso g3 and touch screen with Nema 34s. For the spindle I want a 2.2kw water cooled with quality VFD. Plan for the legs would be something very similar to what cnc router parts sell anyway just with the addition of slide out drawers on one side for bits and tools and slide out on other side for control box and VFD.

Obviously there are pros and cons to both the DIY and PNP route but I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions.

If I were to go the DIY route for control system, spindle and VFD. What would your recommendations/suggestions be for steppers, drivers, power supplies, controllers (smoothstepper vs masso g3), spindle and VFD?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.