584,862 active members*
5,710 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Operator's message language

The CRT language is in English but the Operator's messages are all in German. Parameters 3102 & 9924 are all set to zero. Any idea?
    Controller: Fanuc 16M
    Tnx in advance

Re: Operator's message language

The operator messages are written in the PMC ladder. Most builders will allow you to change the messages to diffrent languges. You will have to check the manulas that came with the machines. If you don't have thoes post the ladder and we can see if a keep relay or Data number are required to change languge.

Thanks drdos
    if u know the related keep relay or data number pls inform me, I can change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_You View Post
    Thanks drdos
    if u know the related keep relay or data number pls inform me, I can change it.
    I don't know for your machine. Please post the ladder file and I can take a look and see if it has that option.

if you post the machine type and model no it may be easier to assist as Dr Dos has already said it is upto the manufacturers

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    if you post the machine type and model no it may be easier to assist as Dr Dos has already said it is upto the manufacturers
    Controller is fanuc 16m as I've written previously.

The machine is FAMUP MCX 600 with dual pallet

I found sth in a pdf, but I didn't figure out what to do. I've highlighted it for you, please take a look at it.
    Tnx

Here it is.
    The Ladder is attached.
    Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the ladder file. All messages are in German ONLY! The builder's didn't put in any English message which you can switch to. I did however used Google Translate to convert them to English. I did the best that I could. If you find a message that needs to be changed let me know and I can fix that for you. Your ladder also has no symbols or comments which make it harder to use. There was an error in the ladder file that said there was a "Paste Error" in level 2. I couldn't find one but I had it remove it anyway. So make sure that your machine runs OK after loading.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Thanks for the ladder file. All messages are in German ONLY! The builder's didn't put in any English message which you can switch to. I did however used Google Translate to convert them to English. I did the best that I could. If you find a message that needs to be changed let me know and I can fix that for you. Your ladder also has no symbols or comments which make it harder to use. There was an error in the ladder file that said there was a "Paste Error" in level 2. I couldn't find one but I had it remove it anyway. So make sure that your machine runs OK after loading.
    Oh thank you very much drdos, I really appreciate your effort. How could you find out there is no English message? I've attached a file in my previous comments, doesn't it help?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_You View Post
    Oh thank you very much drdos, I really appreciate your effort. How could you find out there is no English message? I've attached a file in my previous comments, doesn't it help?
    If you go to the message page where all the alarm messages are it only had German. You can write many messages in different language and only display the ones in your language. Usually done via function block. Yours wasn't written like that so only German language available. Did the messages display ok?

If you go to the message page where all the alarm messages are it only had German. You can write many messages in different language and only display the ones in your language. Usually done via function block. Yours wasn't written like that so only German language available. Did the messages display ok?
    You're right, mine were only in German but only the (operator) messages, not alarms. The display has no problem.

I don't know for your machine. Please post the ladder file and I can take a look and see if it has that option.
    I have the same issue. Only operator messages are in Spanish. I have pictures of the control and they were in English at one point. That being said, I assume it is able to be switched back to English. The builder did not provide any documentation on the subject. I have attached the ladder if you could please tell me what to change to fix the operator message language back to English. Sorry to hijack your thread but this is my exact problem.

controller is Fanuc 0i-MF

Quote Originally Posted by bjacoby00 View Post
    I have the same issue. Only operator messages are in Spanish. I have pictures of the control and they were in English at one point. That being said, I assume it is able to be switched back to English. The builder did not provide any documentation on the subject. I have attached the ladder if you could please tell me what to change to fix the operator message language back to English. Sorry to hijack your thread but this is my exact problem.

controller is Fanuc 0i-MF
    Your ladder only has 11 messages and they are all in English. I suspect that they are using Custom screens to do this in which case you will have to contact the machine tool builder to find out. sorry

There's a good chance that the ladder is using the message shift function. It's found under the PMC Settings menu. Here's a link that describes it. Jump to the part about message shift.

https://fanucworld.com/11172020mtbalarm/

Thank you for taking a look! The machine builder has been of zero help..... We do have a backup of the control software from when the machine was shipped. The messages should be displayed in English there. I dont want to use that backup to overwrite everything on the control, but is there a method to compare the backup to whats on the control now? The differences in parameters/values should point us in the right direction.

Where abouts are you as maybe a se can take a look