584,866 active members*
5,076 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > wasino lj-6mc with Fanuc 0T controller

wasino lj-6mc with Fanuc 0T controller

If there is anyone that has or has owned or operated one of these machines I would like very much to speak with you. I am a start up company and bought one used. I can expect little to no help from the previous owner. I have the manuals however what they say I should see on the screen in either the wear geometry or workshift screens is not there. Right now I fear I am out of my ellement.

the type of machine is not relevant as far as anything on the screen.
    it's just a Fanuc 0T. nothing special there.
    the 0T basic workshift screen is very different to Fanuc 10/12/15/16/18/21.
    You probably have the basic option package without a proper workshift page (no G55/56/57/58/59) etc.
    But the wear and geometry offset screens should be similar to any Fanuc model from series 10 onwards.
    Like I said Fanuc 0T is common and many people can assist you. None of it is Wasino-specific.
    What exactly do you want to know? Take a pic and post here if you need info on something you are seeing or not seeing on the screen(s) and/or manual(s).

First I want to thank you for taking the time to help. I cant express enough how much I appreciate it. My computer skills are minimal and I am just as new to using or finding my way through forums. ....The manual shows the wear,geometry, and workshift options above the soft keys located below the screen. It said that any one of these screens can be displayed by using the corresponding soft key if provided. I guess its not provided on this controller but with that being the case where are the options to punch or receive shown. We just purchased and received a collet chuck for the machine and are putting it on today. There are so many questions regarding sending receiving programs to setting the work shift to....(and here is a big one)....do you really have to send the machine all the way home with the g28 command at the end of each tool cycle or is there something in the back you move to change the location of the home position. I have always just used x or z positions, called up the next tool, and started the next block. If you are willing and have the patience I could really use some help over the next few days. I am working guy trying to make it on my own and I am more than willing to discuss compensation for your time and knowledge. Thank you again, I am not sure what the rules of forums are but if you are willing and have the time I will send you my phone number.

you will be in good hands with fordav11!!
    It sounds like you need to read the operation manual for this control and machine. Is there a college nearby that teaches cnc operation?

Quote Originally Posted by dkman View Post
    I have the manuals however what they say I should see on the screen in either the wear geometry or workshift screens is not there. Right now I fear I am out of my ellement.
    P.M. sent.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I agree that any additional training is a good thing. I did try to find somewhere close durring the six years I was programming/setting up and managing the shop where I live, But met with no success. All my experience is hands on and this is the first time I have had to start from scratch without someone next to me who was familiar with the machine. I am hoping that fordav11 has both the time and patience to get me through what I think will be simple thing that I am missing. Thank you for your input and I look forward to any help you have to offer.

start by reading this post......
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...the_fanuc.html

then this one....
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/..._fanuc_ot.html

do you have any experience with other Fanuc controls like 10T, 16T etc?

When we finish puting the draw tube in I can try a few things out. At that point I may be able to phrase my questions better. Until then I will continue with the manual. I know how to touch off and set workshifts. In the emco i went to the g54 and used Z1.8625 then pressed measure. On the takisawa , again faced the stock went to workshift then typed Z0. input. The Z 0. could also be used on the workshift page in th emco. Both machines had a tool that was specific to setting the others. The tool position was different from one machine to the other. I will continue with the manual and when I can phrase my questions better I will come back and ask again.. When I figure out how to post a picture I will put one up of the screen.

The second link that you had there explained alot. Its my guess rather than hitting soft keys punch / receive, that the input and output buttons along with the O command will send and receive. You all are right...I need to work through the manual. I am sure somewhere in it it would tell me that. Thank you again

to post a pic, when you make a post, there's a box at the bottom below where you type called 'Additional Options'
    If you don't see it click 'Go Advanced'
    In there is a button named 'Manage Attachments'
    You can upload a pic from your PC using the items in the window that pops up when you click the 'Manage Attachments' button.

also read this thread for info on 0T geometry offsets and workshift..... (in particular post #11 and a pic of the workshift screen in post #7)
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/..._o-t_help.html

My screen is missing the bottom options but I think it is the most basic of the O t fanuc controllers. I have homed the machine. Even set workshift typing in the MZ 0. input for my facing tool and yet I still have a curser on the program page and no readystart lamp light on when I go to auto mode. It turns on as soon as i go to MDI , but off everytime I go to auto. I looked through the manual and dont see what I am mising.

the readystart lamp sounds like it is a Wasino thing. something may be out of position like the turret not clamped or an axis may be in overtravel, or the chuck may still be in milling mode. possibly an interlock somewhere is not satisfied like tailstock is not clamped or chuck not clamped or the door is not closed. if the readystart lamp is part of the operator control panel then it is a Wasino thing since the panel is part of the machine nothing to do with Fanuc. So can't really help there.
    Like I said before posting a pic of whatever it is that is troubling you will help......

Re: wasino lj-6mc with Fanuc 0T controller

Dear DKMAN,
    we have same machine and we can help by operation, but we left the machine a period of time and we lost the parameters, if possible just to send us the 900's parameters page to let it back to life.
    thanks

Re: wasino lj-6mc with Fanuc 0T controller

Dear sir hope you all are in great health
    I just buy wasino lj 6 with ot-c control and i lost it diagnostic parameters will anybody helps me