585,749 active members*
3,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 8 of 8 678

Re: New Fusion 360 limitations

Note that "for life" doesn't really mean "for life," it just means "until we change our minds again."

Anyway, Fusion is worth paying for. The preview feature probably saves me as much in broken tooling as the yearly fee costs me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    They are constantly changing the price. We paid the $450 to renew not long ago, then it went back on sale to $300.. now back to 450. early adopters got locked in at 300 for life.
    Unless Autodesk screws up your billing and the license expires... My license should have been billed towards the end of November, but when I checked, PayPal had not been billed and it said my early adopter license was valid until November 21 2021. There was no way that I found to see if they still had the correct PayPal information. When I tried to use Fusion a couple of weeks ago, it said my license was expired. When I contacted customer support, they couldn't reinstate my license since it was expired and they couldn't give me a new one since they didn't sell early adopter licenses anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    Unless Autodesk screws up your billing and the license expires... My license should have been billed towards the end of November, but when I checked, PayPal had not been billed and it said my early adopter license was valid until November 21 2021. There was no way that I found to see if they still had the correct PayPal information. When I tried to use Fusion a couple of weeks ago, it said my license was expired. When I contacted customer support, they couldn't reinstate my license since it was expired and they couldn't give me a new one since they didn't sell early adopter licenses anymore.
    I'm sure you won't be the only one to suffer this billing "error".

They actually came back with, after speaking with a supervisor, a link for a new early adopter license, except the link wasn't a proper link. Hopefully that gets fixed. I tried to send an email to Lars Christensen a couple of days ago in the hope that he could help. I don't know if that had something to do with it... :-)

I had an expired credit card on my account, and received an email notifying me when it didn't renew, and I was able to update my card info without my license expiring.
    So there is a time period where you can make corrections without losing your license.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

*usually* you have a 30 day grace period on adesk licenses (basically the trial period).

They are the same as any other big company though. They respond to money. Threaten to switch to a non Adesk product and suddenly they are in your office making all sorts of promises.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I had an expired credit card on my account, and received an email notifying me when it didn't renew, and I was able to update my card info without my license expiring.
    So there is a time period where you can make corrections without losing your license.
    I was using PayPal for billing, so this wouldn't be the problem in my case. This time it was Autodesk screwing up. But to their defence, Austin from their customer support came through and I now have an early adopter license again, so I'm now a happy camper again.

Page 8 of 8 678