585,752 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Questions about PMC Types

I'm working for an organization that uses 100+ Fanuc controlled CNC milling machines that we purchased from an OEM. We've got three types of controls (due to the long period over which they were purchased): 21-B, 21i, and 0i.

In terms of needed functionality, they work the same across the board. The 0i machines aren't doing anything different than the 21 machines in production terms. Since that is the case, we have been creating generic ladders for each of the PMC Types found on those three controllers. SA1/RA1 for the 21s, SA5 for the 21i, and SB7 for the 0i.
    The annoyance I have is that the SA1 is extremely limited in terms of Ladder-III editing. More specifically, I am annoyed that it has no ability to support subprograms and that several functions are not available.
    I read in the manuals that both SA1/RA1 and SA3/RA3 are supported on the 21-Bs. SA3 does support subprograms and the missing functions but because the controller is expecting SA1, it throws ER04: PMC TYPE UNMATCH if I load in a SA3 ladder.
    If I could get SA3 to work on the 21s, I would be able to have a single universal ladder that only required a PMC Type change in Ladder-III to run on any of our controllers.

My questions are:
    1. Is the PMC Type the controller expects hardware or software governed?
    2. If it's software governed, does anyone know how you would go about changing it?

Thanks.

Re: Questions about PMC Types

A20B–2901–0660 RA3, with I/O LINK is the hardware the software determines which Fanuc option is required. I need to know which software you have, DDA1, D201, DEA1 or DE01. Fanuc option bits are required as well but this forum doesn't allow me to share it with you and you have PM disabled so I can't tell you there either.

All of the 21s are using DDA1. However, I don't think any of our SCM card are in the A20B-2901 series. I just checked acouple and they are all A20B-2900 series.
    I'm guessing that means I'm hardware blocked? I enabled PMs.

Thanks.

You are NOT hardware block. Check PM for your option number.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the option number, but it didn't work. Threw ER07 No Option (Ladder Step).
    And without the SCM A20B-2901-0660 card, I am kind of hardware blocked, aren't I?
    These cards have either RA1 or RA3 by the manuals you posted (thanks again), and I only have A20B-2000-0142 cards, the RA1 with I/O Link ones.
    My organization won't attempt to source the 0660 cards in the numbers needed for the goal I have.
    Thanks for the quick answer though.

EBAY has them for $48.00. Your company can't afford that? You are so close to obtaining your goal...got to be frustrating.