584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1994 Fadal 4020

So I have purchased a 1994 Fadal 4020 and I'm pretty sure it's in good condition. I have ran a few parts through her and had great results. I have too many questions so I'll start slow. I found a checklist to go through to check out the machine and have been going in order through it. First problem I ran into was a lack of chiller action. I chased it too far just to realize the outlet was only showing phantom power and the unit works properly when plugged into a different power source. So I traced the chiller outlet back to the fuse (f1) and it seems all fine. How should I approach making this outlet work properly? Does it turn on with spindle or when you power up the machine? Thanks! James

Re: 1994 Fadal 4020

It turns on when the machine turns on. I'd trace it back to the lugs at the transformer. My 1997 has two circuit breakers right next to the plugs. Not sure on the 1994

Yeah it looks like it ran to a fuse that is intact and labeled as the right one as well, I will have to trace it with power and see where it stops.

Area of discussion The Chiller outlet and the 1560-0 board with the 2 re-circuit breakers (Warrenb is talking about ) and the fuse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20200929_124314.jpg  

So I know it’s been a while but I’ve been digging into this project a lot more than I expected that I needed too.
    1. Figured out the pump was bad so bought a new one. Chiller functions properly. The 110v OLs are very strange acting on my machine. All of them seem to be a little low on voltage and only like to operate one of two items plugged into them (wtf??)

2. I looked in the manual to check the spindle coolant routing when reassembling. Well it seems to be routed different than the manual. In reverse mine is set up coolant senor, x axis, z axis, bottom of spindle, top of spindle, y axis and then back to chiller box.

So my question is, should I reroute all the coolant hose or just hook up with coolant sensor last. And also, what’s up with my 110v, I have just been running off of a power strip.

Quote Originally Posted by jpthorpe1041 View Post
    1. Figured out the pump was bad so bought a new one. Chiller functions properly. The 110v OLs are very strange acting on my machine. All of them seem to be a little low on voltage and only like to operate one of two items plugged into them (wtf??)
    ...those Pump/Chiller OL's are controlled by the -1550 Temp Control Board. right?

DJ

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fadal 1550.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	461068

I believe so. How would I check if that’s bad? Or maybe my phase converter is the issue? Not enough coming into machine? I’m not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...those Pump/Chiller OL's are controlled by the -1550 Temp Control Board. right?

DJ

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fadal 1550.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	461068