584,862 active members*
5,146 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Have to open and close door to run next program.

Have to open and close door to run next program.

Hey guys... On my newest arrow 750 (A2100) I have to open and close the door after a program runs in order to run the next program. It's driving me crazy... It's my only arrow (I have 5 now) that does this. There has got to be a setting in there somewhere to get rid of this.

Re: Have to open and close door to run next program.

Hey coop31!

Sadly. There is not way around this. It is written into the code of the machine. Trust me, I have tried and tried and dug to the depths of he11 for an answer, and there isnt one.

Do you have any free M codes you can use to trigger the door input with at the end of your program?

Quote Originally Posted by dogmeatk View Post
    Do you have any free M codes you can use to trigger the door input with at the end of your program?
    Sadly I am not sure this is an option. The door lock mechanism has a LOT going on in it. It has a safety switch in it. It checks for both an open position. Closed position. Lock engaged position. Locked disengaged position. All 4 of these need to be triggered and triggered at the same times. I hope this makes sense? I think there is also another door closed and open switch in the box separate from the safety portion of it. So there are 6 Inputs and outputs. I guess technically you could wire up the correct relays and trigger it all with code. But the amount of work involved for that is not worth it to me. I just "open and close door" which takes 3 seconds.

Well that sucks...lol

It's an option. You don't have to mess with the physical hardware, all you have to do is pulse the right inputs on the machine to trick it into thinking that the user opened and closed the door. Coop, if you have optional M codes enabled, I would be happy to dig into it with you.

I don't think I have the optional M codes.

Might be easier to pop a hard drive from another machine in there or is it part of the MAI?

This is part of the safety function of the machine so there are liability issues in making changes to it, but since there seems to be some misinformation out there thought I'd chime in. Like others have said, I do not know of a way to bypass this function in the control. Being part of the machine's safety circuit there is likely a liability issue to Cincinnati if they even made it an option to bypass it.

This "added feature" to the door interlock circuit is in the A2100 software. The later machines had this feature from the start and don't have the ability to get rid of it, but if the machine is the correct vintage you may have an option to roll back the software version to an earlier one that didn't incorporate this. It would mean giving up on the bug fixes and software updates that were incorporated into the later software versions but if your other machines are running the earlier software without issues, you likely wouldn't notice what you are losing.

And because it is slightly relevant to this conversation, there are cases where the machine needs to be able to run without opening and closing the door. With a side-loading automatic pallet changer and the machine running in automatic cycle without an operator, we had to bypass this interlock through external signals from the pallet changer while leaving the functionality in place for them to manually load if necessary. So, contrary to one of the indications below, there are ways to get around this if someone is determined and willing to take on the liability of someone getting hurt once it has been bypassed.

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    This is part of the safety function of the machine so there are liability issues in making changes to it, but since there seems to be some misinformation out there thought I'd chime in. Like others have said, I do not know of a way to bypass this function in the control. Being part of the machine's safety circuit there is likely a liability issue to Cincinnati if they even made it an option to bypass it.

This "added feature" to the door interlock circuit is in the A2100 software. The later machines had this feature from the start and don't have the ability to get rid of it, but if the machine is the correct vintage you may have an option to roll back the software version to an earlier one that didn't incorporate this. It would mean giving up on the bug fixes and software updates that were incorporated into the later software versions but if your other machines are running the earlier software without issues, you likely wouldn't notice what you are losing.

And because it is slightly relevant to this conversation, there are cases where the machine needs to be able to run without opening and closing the door. With a side-loading automatic pallet changer and the machine running in automatic cycle without an operator, we had to bypass this interlock through external signals from the pallet changer while leaving the functionality in place for them to manually load if necessary. So, contrary to one of the indications below, there are ways to get around this if someone is determined and willing to take on the liability of someone getting hurt once it has been bypassed.
    Very Interesting Maver1ck.. I assumed it had something to do with the software as my other machines don't do this.

SUCCESS...

There is a setting that needed to be changed...

Quote Originally Posted by JordanMach View Post
    Hey coop31!

Sadly. There is not way around this. It is written into the code of the machine. Trust me, I have tried and tried and dug to the depths of he11 for an answer, and there isnt one.
    You didn't dig quite deep enough...Lol

Quote Originally Posted by coop31 View Post
    SUCCESS...

There is a setting that needed to be changed...
    Well done Coop! Which setting was it and how did you access? I might do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by dogmeatk View Post
    Well done Coop! Which setting was it and how did you access? I might do the same!
    More..System Config..Machine Application..Cycle Control... uncheck "MAI End Of Program Enable"