Hi

I have been struggling with my Mill-Router hybrid´s end switches for a couple of days and after trying a lot of different tricks ended up pulling apart one of the switches I planned to use. What I found was extremely poor build quality.

I tried to understand why GRBL couldn´t clear X ahis limit switch even though I had a lot of extra pull off distance. I tried configuring things in all sort of weird ways when running out of ideas, and it didn´t pop in my mind that it could just be the inconsistent behaviour of the switches themselves that causes the problem. They are chinese really sweet looking "industrial" limit switches from Amazon. Mechanically they are hopeless.

My multimeter gives really random readings that are hard to explain by anything other than dirty contacts (cleaned one with acetone and it got better but not good) and misalignment of the contactors. Pull down resistors didn´t help at all ( I tried many sizes, from 10K down to 3,3K). Akll the cables are shielded.

Is arduino based control electronics especially delicate in this sense? I mean do people have similar issues? I ordered real branded switches and am hoping them to clear the problem, but at the same time am afraid that there is something else too in it.

-Propeller