584,837 active members*
5,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Colchester Tornado 80 - Fanuc 21i-t Memory Card Problem

Colchester Tornado 80 - Fanuc 21i-t Memory Card Problem

Hi all,

I just started to work on a Colchester Tornado 80 lathe, with a Fanuc 21i-t.
    I am trying to set up a saving system and i have some troubles with the memory cards.
    I configured the machine to have I/O on ch4. I have 2 memory card (8 & 32 Mb) and 2 PCMCIA adapters looking to work properly, but i dont manage to use them.
    I tried to format the cards with windows (using the format command : "format d: /fs:fat /a:[512][1024][2048][4096]").
    I tried to format the cards with the lathe ([system][PMC][I/O][M-CARD][FORMAT]), but an error occure : "I/O format error 147".

Any help and suggestion would be very welcome !

Re: Colchester Tornado 80 - Fanuc 21i-t Memory Card Problem

try to boot with keys 6 and 7 pressed or the right arrow and the one next to it on left under the screen and enter in boot menu
    there will be a option to format the card
    if even that is not working ,it means that the PCMCIA slot is damaged or some pins inside are bad
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boot.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	478630

Re: Colchester Tornado 80 - Fanuc 21i-t Memory Card Problem

Thank you for your answer. Even with the boot menu, i don't manage to format my cards.
    I will try to find a new or old working slot (A66L-2050-0025#B) somewhere.
    Do you know any place where i can find cheap ones ?
    By the way, do you know what is the 147 error code for memory cards ? I checked in 24 fanuc manuals and couldn't find any information about this...
    Thank's again for your help !