584,837 active members*
5,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Dolphin still in business?

Dolphin still in business?

I purchased and down loaded Dolphin pro mill and wire edm modules in 2016. My computer is getting old and I would like to move my software to a new notebook computer. I never had cd's because I bought it and down loaded it on line. I used their online contact messaging to ask for help, and discuss a possible upgrade, but never got a response. Ive had their software for about a decade now, personally and in another business. Are they still around?
    Thanks,
    Ken

Re: Dolphin still in business?

they are still in business . If memory serves me correct Andre was active on here not too long ago

Yes. Email them!
    [email protected]

BTW. There is a charge for transferring your licence

i dont mind a reasonable fee...I may even upgrade as I like the software. i imagine fusion 360 has made it tougher to be in the business these days. I like owning something I can afford to use and get a question answered once and a while. Im older though....i understand others may see it differently. thanks for the responses.
    Ken

Fusion is killing everyone. Depending on what you are doing Dolphin is excellent software.

$45 to transfer license via Paypal, but I don't have a Paypal account....Maybe they will accept a credit card....we will see.

you can pay a paypal invoice with a credit card , no account is necessary

Quote Originally Posted by klrskies View Post
    i dont mind a reasonable fee...I may even upgrade as I like the software. i imagine fusion 360 has made it tougher to be in the business these days. I like owning something I can afford to use and get a question answered once and a while. Im older though....i understand others may see it differently. thanks for the responses.
    Ken
    Me too Ken! I'm also older and have had Dolphin CAD for over 10 years. Dolphin was the first CAD program I had ever used and had to teach myself which is difficult as one ages. I found Fusion 360 a bit too much for me to learn, so I started to use OnShape which is also a cloud based program. It's great and super easy to learn, but there's no CAM. In fact, I didn't use Dolphin Cad for a number of years because all I had was a plasma table, and OnShape was great for the drawings and Sheetcam did all my CAM needs. A few months ago I converted a CNC router and found myself needing Dolphin Cad again. I upgraded my V-10 to V-14, and purchased a dongle. I like the idea of now owning the program, and not relying on a third party.
    I can't recommend Dolphin Cad enough! It's an excellent program, fairly easy to learn,inexpensive, lots of online tutorials, and Andre has always been able to help me through difficulties over the years. You will not get this kind of service from any other Cad/Cam software, IMHO. Now I just need to relearn how to use it all over again.
    Dan
    The one that dies with the most tools, WINS !!
    www.dantechfabricating.com