585,717 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > 2 problems with my CNC6040z please

2 problems with my CNC6040z please

Hey guys.

So I bought a used CNC6040z with a known issue, which i was hoping would be an easy fix but alas no.

So the first issue is the gentleman who owned it messed with the VFD settings and now needs resetting, the issue I have is the VFD unit itself won't actually let me change any of the settings or factory reset it,

I can cycle the Pxxx settings but it will not allow me to change any values.

The second issue is that it is a USB machine and for the life of me I cannot get Mach 3 to work with it (my other CNC is parallel on a seperate PC)

I downloaded the drivesrs (i hope thye was the correct ones) but nothing will function, it just stays in a permenant Estop mode

Any & all help would be greatly apprecaited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc6040.jpg  

Re: 2 problems with my CNC6040z please

What brand of VFD is it? All the ones I've seen let you change the settings, but it's not always easy to figure out. Have you got the manual for that VFD?

Does your controller have a USB input? Have you tried all the USB outputs on your computer? Sometimes one doesn't respond, for reasons of its own. Have you tried twisting the Estop button to release it? Can you get tech support from whomever it was that built this machine?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: 2 problems with my CNC6040z please

There will probably be one particular parameter on the VFD that will need to be changed that will allow you to change any of the other paramters.
    As Awerby says, you will need the manual for your particular VFD.

You are on the right track regarding the driver for your USB controller, you just ned to find the correct one. It will be a '.dll' file.
    Open up your control box to ID your board. If you can't find anything to ID it , post some pics of your setup and someone will be able to help you.

Mach 3 defaults to E/ Stop when first started. It won't clear when you hit reset?