584,837 active members*
5,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Issues about y-axis homing

Last year I've purchased a D840 and the performance kit.
    From one day to the next (a few days ago) , homing gives an error on the y axis, activating the non-resettable signal (ext e-stop triggered) with the "reset" button.
    I checked the operation of the limit switches "by hand".
    For the x axis everything is OK: by pressing the switch, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
    If I press “x”’s "home" button, the machine works fine: it reaches the limit, and withdraws 3-4 mm.
    For the z axis everything is OK: by pressing the switch, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
    If I press “z”’s "home" button, the machine works fine: it reaches the limit, and withdraws 3-4 mm.
    For the y axis everything is OK: by pressing the two switches in the same time, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
    So , IMHO there isn’t any mechanical malfunction.
    If I press “y”’s "home" button, the machine doesn’t work fine: it moves 4-5 mm and then stops, with “reset” blinking, and with no action possible If I don’t press the emergency button to reset.
    This malfunction occurs very far from the “y” limit switches, so I was wondering if I could do something with parameters or coords.
    What other checks can I do?
    Thanks in advance
    Antonio Visconti

Re: Issues about y-axis homing

[QUOTE=AntonioVisconti;2405209]Last year I've purchased a D840 and the performance kit.
    From one day to the next (a few days ago) , homing gives an error on the y axis, activating the non-resettable signal (ext e-stop triggered) with the "reset" button.
    I checked the operation of the limit switches "by hand".
    For the x axis everything is OK: by pressing the switch, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
    If I press “x”’s "home" button, the machine works fine: it reaches the limit, and withdraws 3-4 mm.
    For the z axis everything is OK: by pressing the switch, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
    If I press “z”’s "home" button, the machine works fine: it reaches the limit, and withdraws 3-4 mm.
    For the y axis everything is OK: by pressing the two switches in the same time, in "diagnostic" the I12 indicator turns green, and the six central indicators (X-Y-Z limit -, X-Y-Z home) turn green.
    So , IMHO there isn’t any mechanical malfunction.
    If I press “y”’s "home" button, the machine doesn’t work fine: it moves 4-5 mm and then stops, with “reset” blinking, and with no action possible If I don’t press the emergency button to reset.
    This malfunction occurs very far from the “y” limit switches, so I was wondering if I could do something with parameters or coords.
    What other checks can I do?
    Thanks in advance
    Antonio Visconti[/QUOTE]

The CNC controller could have set the soft limit.
    Normally there are two types of limits, one is soft limit set on CNC, another is hard limit which we can use limit switches on the machine.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html